CEU Professor Martin Kahanec is quoted in Deutsche Welle regarding how migration affects economy. Migrants with similar backgrounds to Hungarians can more easily integrate but do not provide skills that are missing in the economy, whereas migrants who come from distant cultures may have more difficulties, but they bring in skills which are new, he said.
Frontiers of Democracy is a far-reaching CEU initiative that aims to promote open debate, discussion, and exchange of ideas with a diversity of views about the nature of democracy today.
- John Shattuck and Francis Fukuyama - Democracy and Its Discontents
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: 20 Years After Dayton - Speakers
- Democracy and Its Discontents Speakers
- Jan Teorell, Andreas Schedler, Ali Carkoglu, Zsolt Enyedi
- John Shattuck and Ivan Krastev - Illiberal Governance
- Bruce Cain, Mares, Larry Diamond and Diane Stone
Career Services Manager and Doctoral Career Adviser Cristina Balint-Nagy and her team were recently invited to participate in two European Commission EURAXESS programs meant to enhance European researchers career development.