Computer and Statistics Center
The Computer and Statistics Center is an academic unit of CEU providing a comprehensive range of services for members of CEU throughout the academic year. As a small service unit, our mission is to offer a wide variety of courses, both in IT and in statistics. Courses cover basic MS Office applications, Internet research skills, HTML editing, database and statistics applications and thesis editing guidelines (observing the requirements of the obligatory electronic thesis submission).
The Center's responsibilities are:
- To teach computer skills and prepare students for using, and understanding, information technology both now and in preparation for their future employment.
- To provide help and support in quantitative methods, including training in statistical program packages as well as theoretical background for planning, collecting, and evaluating data, such as census data and opinion polls.
- The E-Learning site of Central European University is also run by the Center together with the IT department.
- The Center maintains and offers courses on CEU Electronic Theses and Dissertations Collection.
The Center teaches skills and methods originating in exact sciences which are at the heart of, and are necessary for, all scholarly work in the social sciences and the humanities. Our services are available for CEU students, faculty and staff.
Our courses include:
- MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Bibliographies with EndNote
- Statistics with SPSS
- Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Management
See our full list of courses and upcoming courses schedule.
Our dedicated staff, and large pool of external lecturers among the best in their fields, make it possible to respond quickly to changing needs, both in the academic and IT environment.