CEU General Alumni Scholarship
Application deadline: midnight CEST, June 18, 2017.
What is the Alumni Scholarship?
Funded by donations from CEU graduates, the Alumni Scholarship (AS) is awarded to students who demonstrate a commitment to community service as well as the potential to help build strong CEU alumni communities around the world after graduation. Sustained by contributions to the CEU Generation fund, since 2001 alumni support has provided scholarships to 181 students from around the world. Meet this year's ASRs.
The AS can be used to supplement other financial aid packages provided by the University. The award helps to cover the costs of living in Budapest and amounts to $2,000 per recipient per academic year. We also offer National Alumni Scholarships for students from Ukraine, Belarus and Serbia.
In the words of Alumni Scholarship Recipients the program benefits include:
- Receiving a generous monthly stipend
- Being informed about and engaged in university-wide events and activities
- Contributing to the work of CEU Recruitment, Alumni Relations and Career Services units
- Learning from the experiences of the support staff at the university
- Sharing and learning from the experiences and expertise of fellow ASRs from different departments and countries
- Translating ideas into practice by implementing individual/group projects in collaboration with other ASRs and different CEU offices
- Helping to organize and attending the CEU Alumni Reunion Weekend in May
- Being a part of a community that CARES
- Joining a cool Facebook group
To qualify for the Alumni Scholarship Program you should:
- Have been offered admission by CEU
- Be an incoming master’s degree student from any country
- Have a proven record of community service, volunteering and leadership
- Be willing to intern with the CEU Enrolment Management, Career Services and Alumni Relations offices for 40 hours during the academic year
- Be committed to volunteer for CEU after graduation
- Preference is given to eligible students with a modest financial aid package
* Please note that AS is awarded only to incoming master’s degree students for one academic year. Students on two year programs are eligible to receive funding only for their first year. Students in their second year are not eligible to apply.
While studying at CEU you are expected to:
- Complete a 40-hour internship with CEU Enrolment Management, Career Services and Alumni Relations offices
- Initiate your individual and/or group project benefitting the CEU community including students, alumni and prospective students
- Check out this year ASRs’ projects.
After graduating from CEU you are expected to engage in any of the following:
- Start a new alumni local chapter or lead an existing chapter (see list)
- Organize alumni events in your area
- Provide career mentorship to current students and fellow alumni
- Share relevant job announcements with CEU’s Career Services team
- Help CEU recruit talented prospectivestudents
- Come up with new ideas on how to support CEU’s alumni, career and recruitment initiatives in your area
Selection Process and Timeline
- June 18, 2017, midnight CEST applicants are expected to submit their online application along with their CVs.
- Early July, 2017: Shortlisted candidates are invited to submit a 2-minute video explaining how their experience and motivation match the program requirements.
- August 1, 2017: Successful applicants are notified.