Serbian Alumni Scholarship
Applications open in Spring 2018.
Are you a student from Serbia who would like to attend CEU but find it financially challenging? If so, alumni from Serbia have established this scholarship in order to help you attend CEU and reach your full potential.
The Serbian Alumni Scholarship is open to students from Serbia in financial need with a commitment to community service and the potential to build and sustain strong CEU alumni communities after graduation. Two Serbian students so far have studied at CEU thanks to alumni support. Meet this year's Serbian Scholarship Recepient.
The scholarship can be used to supplement other financial aid packages provided by the University. The award helps to cover the costs of living in Budapest and amounts to $2,000 per recipient per academic year.
In the words of Alumni Scholarship Recipients (ASRs) the program benefits include:
- Receiving a generous monthly stipend
- Being informed about and engaged in university-wide events and activities
- Contributing to the work of CEU Recruitment, Alumni Relations and Career Services units
- Learning from the experiences of the support staff at the university
- Sharing and learning from the experiences and expertise of fellow ASRs from different departments and countries
- Translating ideas into practice by implementing individual/group projects in collaboration with other ASRs and different CEU offices
- Helping to organize and attending the CEU Alumni Reunion Weekend in May
- Being a part of a community that CARES
- Joining a cool Facebook group
To qualify for the Serbian Alumni Scholarship Program you should:
- Have been offered admission by CEU
- Be an incoming master’s degree student from Serbia
- Have a proven record of community service, volunteering and leadership
- Be willing to intern with the CEU Enrolment Management, Career Services and Alumni Relations offices for 40 hours during the academic year
- Be committed to volunteer for CEU after graduation
- Preference is given to eligible students with a modest financial aid package
* Please note that AS is awarded only to incoming master’s degree students for one academic year. Students on two year programs are eligible to receive funding only for their first year. Students in their second year are not eligible to apply.
*Applications will be reviewed by the Serbian Alumni Chapter Committee and the CEU Alumni Relations & Career Services office.
While studying at CEU you are expected to:
- Complete a 40-hour internship with CEU Enrolment Management, Career Services and Alumni Relations offices
- Initiate your individual and/or group project benefitting the CEU community including students, alumni and prospective students
- Check out this year ASRs’ projects.
After graduating from CEU you are expected to engage in any of the following:
- Start a new alumni local chapter or lead an existing chapter (see list)
- Organize alumni events in your area
- Provide career mentorship to current students and fellow alumni
- Share relevant job announcements with CEU’s Career Services team
- Help CEU recruit talented prospective students
- Come up with new ideas on how to support CEU’s alumni, career and recruitment initiatives in your are