As Budapest became the epicenter of a mass influx of refugees from war-torn countries in summer 2015—and the face of Europe's largest humanitarian crisis in decades—the CEU community came together to respond. True to our University's mission and role, CEU has attempted to meet the challenge and support the refugees by providing both humanitarian and academic assistance as well as scholarly analysis and expert commentary to the media on the subject. See details on CEU's response and how you can get involved below.
At the request of alumni and friends wishing to contribute to CEU’s response, we have created the Refugee Response Fund, through which donors can fund scholarships for students from Syria and other war-torn regions. Make your gift today.
- Participate in upcoming events and volunteer opportunities.
- See President and Rector John Shattuck’s outline of CEU's response, and read his related piece in the Boston Globe concerning the crisis.
- Get the latest news featuring CEU experts and projects.
- Stay informed of CEU’s humanitarian initiatives, and academic initiatives related to the crisis.
- Support scholarships for displaced students through CEU’s Response Fund.