At the end of the academic year, each student is required to go through the so-called 'Leaving Procedure' which includes the following:
- fill out the on-line graduation form
- complete the leaving procedure. Students should initiate the Leaving Procedure process after submitting their thesis to their department. Please do not wait until the last moment and allow at least three (3) working days for completing this process. Graduating students must ensure that:
- they have returned all borrowed materials to their department, and to the library
- they have returned their locker key, Hungarian Student Card and - only for international EU citizens - their Registration/Address Card to the Student Center,
- they do not have any outstanding financial issues.
The instructions document (attached below) explains how to use the online Leaving Form, which provides students a summary of their leaving procedure status.
Unresolved obligations to the University will result in the withholding of the student's diploma and other university services, according to the CEU Policy on Holds.
Students leaving CEU during the academic year (e.g. failed, enrollment terminated) are also required to complete the 'Leaving Form'. It is CEU's obligation to notify the Immigration and Asylum Office about the changes in student status. Students failing to follow this procedure may face serious problems with local authorities.
For questions or consultation, please contact:
Richard Kartosonto, Student Life and Residency Officer
Dean of Students Office, Nador u. 11, 3rd Floor / Room 304