- All must wear a mask when using common areas at CEU. Common areas include the Library, lobbies, washrooms, hallways, staircases, labs, classrooms, meeting rooms, kitchens, catering areas, elevators, gardens, courtyard. Common areas will be disinfected several times per day
- At all times, maintain at least a 1.5-meter distance from others while on campus
- Avoid spontaneous unstructured or organized gatherings of people in the same room or in the common areas.
- To protect the Front Desk personnel as well as the individuals consulting the Front Desk, plexi glass protection is mounted in the reception area.
Classrooms, meeting rooms, computer labs
Access to classrooms, meeting rooms and computer labs is permitted under strict health protection measures. Faculty may use classrooms to conduct online classes in case there is no other option. Students, participants are not allowed to use classrooms and meeting rooms to attend online classes.
- We strongly advise against using computer labs. Where there is no other option, access is allowed.
- Workstations are placed at least 1.5 meters apart from each other.
- Everyone must always wear a mask when using the labs (even if you are the only person in the room at that time).
- You must wash your hands before and after using the computers.
- Open windows and/or doors regularly (at least for 5 minutes every hour).
- Keep your workstation tidy, with all areas left completely empty when you have finished using the space so that surfaces can be cleaned properly.
- Clean the devices that you have personally used with the provided sanitizer.
- Use videoconferencing or teleconferencing where possible for work-related meetings and gatherings.
- Where videoconferencing or teleconferencing is not possible, hold meetings in bigger spaces with windows that open, ensure that all attendees always continue to maintain a distance of 1.5 meters and wear face coverings.
- Open windows and/or doors regularly (at least for 5 minutes every hour) To minimize transmission during meetings, avoid sharing pens and other objects.
Rooms can be used only if they are reserved in the booking system. The COVID-compliant capacity of rooms is indicated in the booking system.
Departments will create their own Lab schedules for their PhD students. The objective of this scheduled access is to ensure no lab has more people than are permitted at one time.
PhD students may use the PhD Labs in line with the guidance below given to employees in shared offices, and with agreed measures in place at all times.
Home office is strongly recommended where feasible.
Shared office: wear a mask whenever possible. Use your own pen and office supplies, and workstations should be placed 2 meters apart where feasible. Work should be scheduled in a way that requires the least number of people to be present in an office at any one time.
All offices: do not use other employees’ phones, desks, offices, office supplies, or any other work tool/equipment. Open the windows and/or doors regularly (at least for 5 minutes every hour). Keep
your workstation tidy, with all areas left as empty as possible so that surfaces can be cleaned properly. If you have the means, please also clean the devices that you have personally used. Bring your own disinfecting wipes.
Offices are cleaned at least once per day.
CEU Library Budapest moved to onsite book pickup and return only Mon-Fri, 12-4pm at the Library Information Desk, and online services and support via contactLibrary@ceu.edu. The Reading Halls, co-labs, and computer labs are closed until further notice.
CEU community members may request books in the Library catalog for pickup at the Budapest Library Information Desk and return books at the Library self-return machine, outside the entrance to the CEU Library, Nador 15, 2nd Floor and 6th floor, returned books will continue to be placed in quarantine.
Full details and updates are posted on the Library website under Current Library Services.
ILab, Baby Lab and Somby Lab
Baby Lab and Somby Lab are closed until further notice. iLab remains open with limited operation, guided by separate protocol.
Please bring with you and use your own plates and utensils, along with washing-up materials (these will not be provided, to avoid common usage). Used and unwashed plates and utensils left in kitchens will be disposed of. We recommend you wear gloves when using the kitchen. A maximum of one person is allowed in the kitchen at any time. Eating together or sitting next to each other is prohibited. We also advise you spend the shortest possible time in the kitchen, i.e. no more than 15 minutes and consume your food in your office or in a dedicated lounge.
Internal and external events are not permitted on site until further notice. Speakers and organizers are allowed on-site for recording purposes if this be required, however no audience is permitted. All on site requests regarding events, external trainings-exams – courses must be approved by the Director of Facilities.
Trainings, language exams, organized by external partners should be held exclusively in N15 and in Okt 6/7 October Hall. The number of participants in each venue should be determined to fully correspond with CEU COVID-19 Regulations, and the number of participants cannot exceed the total capacity of each room/space according to the CEU booking system (the booking system contains the COVID capacity of each room).
All participants must keep at least 1.5 meters distance and wear a mask when using common spaces and rooms at CEU.
All trainings, language exams with external participants must have a registration list of participants, and a seating plan. Entry will be denied to persons who are not registered.
Catering services at N15 are available with limited operations and strict health protocols. Keep an at least 1.5 meter distance when standing in line. Take-away service is strongly recommended. If this is not feasible, maintain at least 1.5 meters distance and avoid eating in groups. It is suggested to spend the shortest possible time in the catering areas.
We advise you to use the stairs if possible. Elevators where a 1.5 meter distance cannot be kept are for single-use only. Wear a mask, use your elbow to push the buttons, or wear gloves.
The gym is closed until further notice.
The garage is closed until further notice to take precautions with the ventilation system, per recommendations from the authorities.
Services available on site:
- On-site maintenance for basic operations only is available between 8am – 5pm.
- IT support continues to be available remotely, further info here
- Internal mail and post services are operational, but with limited hours and staff for essential mail only. Budapest Post office working hours: weekdays between 8:30a.m.-4:30p.m. Outgoing mail: please inform BP Post Office colleagues at ext: 3043 or at Pala@ceu.edu and they will collect your mail - or drop off your outgoing mail at the Post Office (N11 courtyard). Incoming mail (internal and external) recipients will receive an email notification and will be able to pick up their mail at the Post Office (N11 courtyard)
- Front office services, N15: weekdays 10am – 2pm.