Should you observe any of the following: any form of acute respiratory infection (with or without fever) with at least one of the following symptoms for which there is no other plausible cause: cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, respiratory catarrh, sudden loss of taste/smell or muscle pain:
- Please do not enter the campus, stay at home in self-isolation
- Please inform email@example.com (on duty from 9 am to 5 pm on working days) and keep us updated about your situation
- Consult with your doctor or the CEU Medical Center (firstname.lastname@example.org or +36-1-327-3815) if needed.
If you find out that you were in the proximity of somebody tested COVID-19 positive in the last 48 hours (regardless of whether you experience symptoms or not) (Epidemiological monitoring [járványügyi megfigyelés]):
- Please do not enter the campus, stay home in self-isolation
- Inform email@example.com with the details of your current status
- In case your general practitioner organized a test for you, please apply self-isolation until the results of your test are available.
- Please note, that the university is requested to report employees and students under epidemiological monitoring - through firstname.lastname@example.org to the Ministry of Innovation and Technology. The report is anonymous.
Should you be tested positive (Epidemiological separation [járványügyi elkülönítés]):
- Please do not enter the campus, stay at home and start your self-quarantine of 10 days
- Please inform email@example.com about your status and share the names of all colleagues, fellow students or family members in your proximity since two days before your symptoms started. Note, this is not official contact identification, only a courtesy for the other members of our community, so they can observe responsible actions in the following days
- Please inform your supervisor/head of department
- Please note, that the university is requested to report all positive cases - through firstname.lastname@example.org to the Ministry of Innovation and Technology. The report is anonymous.
Return after self-isolation and self-quarantine
The individual is free to come back to the community should the 10 days of self-isolation or self-quarantine end. Should symptoms be observed within 72 hours before the 10 days end, the self-isolation or self-quarantine period is prolonged until there are no more symptoms in the last 72 hours before being allowed to rejoin the campus.
There is no requirement to provide a negative test in case somebody returns after being a confirmed positive COVID-19 case.
Financing of COVID-19 PCR or antigen test
Faculty, staff and students are expected to self-finance their tests performed at their own initiative. CEU covers the costs of COVID-19 tests only for faculty and staff with high-risk exposure, i.e.:
- who had direct physical contact with a confirmed case at CEU,
- who had cumulative face-to-face contact with a confirmed case at CEU for 15 minutes or more at a distance of ≤2 meters (e.g.: household contacts),
- who were in the same room with a confirmed case at CEU at a distance of ≤2 meters for 15 minutes or stayed longer
- Click here for a sheet listing COVID testing locations in Budapest