Bachelor’s Degree Programs
Per Academic Year
BA in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics
BA in Culture, Politics, and Society
BA in Quantitative Social Sciences
Student Enrollment Fee
All students are required to pay the student enrollment fee (EUR 200 per academic year) for the duration of their studies.
You are required to pay a registration fee of EUR 100 when you confirm that you accept your place of study at CEU. The registration fee can be paid online via the Applicant Portal.
The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Read more about CEU’s Payment Regulations
- Read more about Late Fees and Refunds
Student Union Fee
As per the Austrian Student Union Law (HSG 2014 § 1 (1) lit. 4), every student in Austria is automatically a member of the student union and required to pay a membership fee every semester. You are required to pay this Austrian National Student Union (OeH) fee of EUR 20.20 per semester. New students will be requested to pay the first installment online within the On-boarding process. It is a prerequisite to be enrolled in the Fall.
Scholarship opportunities and Awards
- Program Scholarships
- Presidential Award
- Kaffeehaus Fellowships
- CEU Scholarship for Refugees
- Alumni Scholarship
- External financing and scholarships
A small number of scholarships are available for outstanding applicants to the Quantitative Social Sciences (QSS) program. This is a merit-based, need-sensitive scholarship. It funds up to 100% of tuition fees (up to EUR 7,000 per year) and may also include monthly housing support. All applicants who submit their application by February 1, 2021 will be automatically considered.
A small number of scholarships are also available for outstanding applicants for the Culture, Politics and Society (CPS) and Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) programs.
Two outstanding candidates will receive a Presidential Award for the total value of 5,000 EUR each. The Award covers part of the tuition fee throughout the four years of BA studies as follows:
- Year I: 500 EUR
- Year II: 1,000 EUR
- Year III: 1,500 EUR
- Year IV: 2,000 EUR
This fellowship program is dedicated to the great thinkers of Vienna's past and the reasoned and open interchange of ideas of the Kaffeehaus. Vienna has an incredible history of great thinkers. Their work (and that of many of their highly talented Viennese contemporaries) has had a major influence over the 20th century and continues to have a major impact today:
- Economists and business scholars Hayek, von Mises, Schumpeter and Peter Drucker
- Legal scholar Hans Kelsen
- Neurologist Sigmund Freud
- Social democratic thinkers Victor Adler and Otto Bauer
- Philosophers and mathematicians Kurt Gödel, Ludwig Wittgenstein and Karl Popper
The Kaffeehaus Fellowships are awarded in their honor, and the underlying idea of openness and reasoned debate with the power of ideas rather than the loudness of the voice winning the day.
The Kaffeehaus Fellowship Program awards scholarships of up to €7,000 each year to 3- 6 outstanding students from Austria with demonstrated financial need and excellent academic credentials. In exceptional cases, students from India who meet the fellowship criteria may also be considered. Recipients will show promise both within and beyond the classroom, through a record of high academic achievement and volunteer or extracurricular engagement.
Preference is given to undergraduate students accepted to the BA in Quantitative Social Sciences (QSS) or BA in Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) programs and to graduate students accepted to the departments of Economics and Business, Environmental Sciences and Policy, and Network and Data Science. Bachelor’s students who are granted a Kaffeehaus Fellowship may receive it for the entire duration of their program, pending successful completion of annual program requirements.
The Fellowship amount awarded can be used for living expenses, housing, or tuition, and may be combined with other scholarships available to undergraduate students.
Students can apply by submitting their application by February 1, 2021 and by uploading a short essay in the Other Supporting Documents section.
Essay instructions: Submit a short essay of 300 words explaining how your studies at CEU will help you fulfill the Fellowship’s purpose to support openness and reasoned debate with the power of ideas rather than the loudness of the voice of the day. You may also cite examples of how you have promoted or engaged in open dialogue and exchange as well as listened to and learned from divergent perspectives.
Those who have already submitted their application to CEU can apply by sending their application essay to email@example.com by February 1, 2021.
CEU Scholarship for Refugees will be available for three admitted BA candidates with refugee status in an EU/EEA contry. This scholarship will cover tuition fees throughout the four years of BA studies (up to 7,000 EUR/year from each award), it includes a monthly stipend of 470 EUR and a monthly stipend of 500 EUR to cover the price of accommodation.
Applicants who want to be considered for this scholarship must:
1. Submit a separate Personal Statement that should be max. 500 word (1-2 pages) into the Other Supporting Documents section by February 1, 2021 (earlier submission is recommended, if feasible). This Personal Statement should include details of their refugee status in one of the EU/EEA countries and any funds they received and/or may receive from private and/or public sources.
2. Submit a document that can allow us to verify proof of your refugee status. Combine all documents into one PDF then upload into Other Supporting Documents section within your application.
Please note that applicants with a refugee status from other EU/EEA countries will need to apply for an Austrian residence permit.
The Alumni Scholarship will be awarded to one bachelor's degree student for one academic year. The scholarship is worth EUR 2,000/year, paid in monthly installments during the first year of studies. The award helps cover the costs of living and amounts to a monthly stipend of 200 euro a month, per recipient, and per one academic year. The Alumni Scholarship can be used to supplement other financial aid provided by the University.
To qualify for the Alumni Scholarship, you should:
- Have submitted a complete application for a full-time CEU BA program
- Have a proven record of and/or an aspiration for community service, volunteering and leadership
- Be willing to support the CEU Student Recruitment, Career Services, Student Life Office, and Alumni Relations teams for 40 hours total
- Demonstrate commitment and potential to continue volunteering throughout all four years at CEU
- Complete a 40-hour volunteer program with CEU Student Recruitment, Career Services, Alumni Relations, and other teams
- Initiate your individual and/or group project benefitting the CEU community including students, alumni and prospective students. For examples, check out previous ASR projects.
To apply for the Alumni Scholarship, please do the following:
1. Submit a full online application form. The application includes 2 essay questions and a video submission (the video is submitted through the form).
2. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: "CV Submission". Please name your CV file (Word or PDF) in the following way: "Last Name_First Name_Country of Nationality_CV".
For useful links please click here