Application deadline is 23:59 CEST, Sunday March 1, 2020.
Detailed information on the application process will be published soon.
What is the Alumni Scholarship?
Funded by donations from CEU graduates, the Alumni Scholarship (AS) is awarded to admitted first-year full-time MA students who demonstrate a commitment to community service as well as the potential to help build strong CEU alumni communities around the world after graduation. Sustained by contributions to the CEU Generation fund, since 2001 alumni support has provided scholarships to 262 students from around the world. Meet the 2018-19 ASR cohort.
The AS can be used to supplement other financial aid provided by the University. The award helps to cover the costs of living and amounts to 2,000 euro per recipient per academic year.
As Alumni Scholarship Recipient (ASR) you will benefit from:
- Receiving a generous monthly stipend
- Contributing to the work of CEU Student Recruitment, Alumni Relations and Career Services, as well as other teams
- Being engaged in university-wide events and activities
- Learning from the experiences of staff at the university
- Sharing and learning from the experiences and expertise of fellow ASRs from different departments and countries
- Translating ideas into practice by implementing individual/group projects in collaboration with other ASRs and different CEU teams
- Helping in organizing and attending the CEU Alumni Reunion Weekend events in May
- Being a part of a community that cares
- Joining a cool Facebook group
To qualify for the Alumni Scholarship Program you should:
- Have submitted a sucessful application for a full-time CEU Master's program
- Have a proven record of community service, volunteering and leadership
- Be willing to support the CEU Student Recruitment, Career Services and Alumni Relations teams for 40 hours during the academic year
- Be committed to volunteer for CEU after graduation
* Please note that AS is awarded only to incoming master’s degree students for one academic year. Students on two year programs are eligible to receive funding only for their first year. Students in their second year are not eligible to apply.
While studying at CEU you are expected to:
- Complete a 40-hour volunteer program with CEU Student Recruitment, Career Services, Alumni Relations, and other teams
- Initiate your individual and/or group project benefitting the CEU community including students, alumni and prospective students. For examples, check out previous ASR projects.
After graduating from CEU you are expected to engage in any of the following:
- Start a new alumni local chapter or lead an existing chapter (see list)
- Organize alumni events in your area
- Provide career support to current students and fellow alumni
- Share relevant job announcements with CEU’s Career Services team
- Help CEU recruit talented prospective students
- Come up with new ideas on how to support CEU’s alumni, career and recruitment initiatives in your area