Application deadline is Sunday midnight CEST, June 17, 2018.
What is the Alumni Scholarship?
Funded by donations from CEU graduates, the Alumni Scholarship (AS) is awarded to students who demonstrate a commitment to community service as well as the potential to help build strong CEU alumni communities around the world after graduation. Sustained by contributions to the CEU Generation fund, since 2001 alumni support has provided scholarships to 207 students from around the world. Meet this year's ASRs.
The AS can be used to supplement other financial aid packages provided by the University. The award helps to cover the costs of living in Budapest and amounts to $2,000 per recipient per academic year. We also offer National Alumni Scholarships for students from Ukraine, Belarus, Serbia and Russia.
As Alumni Scholarship Recipient (ASR) you will benefit from:
- Receiving a generous monthly stipend
- Contributing to the work of CEU Student Recruitment, Alumni Relations and Career Services units
- Being engaged in university-wide events and activities
- Learning from the experiences of the support staff at the university
- Sharing and learning from the experiences and expertise of fellow ASRs from different departments and countries
- Translating ideas into practice by implementing individual/group projects in collaboration with other ASRs and different CEU offices
- Helping in organizing and attending the CEU Alumni Reunion Weekend events in May
- Being a part of a community that cares
- Joining a cool Facebook group
To qualify for the Alumni Scholarship Program you should:
- Have been offered admission by CEU
- Be an incoming master’s degree student from any country
- Have a proven record of community service, volunteering and leadership
- Be willing to support the CEU Student Recruitment, Career Services and Alumni Relations offices for 40 hours during the academic year
- Be committed to volunteer for CEU after graduation
- Preference may be given to eligible students with a modest financial aid package
* Please note that AS is awarded only to incoming master’s degree students for one academic year. Students on two year programs are eligible to receive funding only for their first year. Students in their second year are not eligible to apply.
While studying at CEU you are expected to:
- Complete a 40-hour volunteer programwithCEU Student Recruitment, Career Services and Alumni Relations offices
- Initiate your individual and/or group project benefitting the CEU community including students, alumni and prospective students. For examples, check out this year’s ASR projects.
After graduating from CEU you are expected to engage in any of the following:
- Start a new alumni local chapter or lead an existing chapter (see list)
- Organize alumni events in your area
- Provide career support to current students and fellow alumni
- Share relevant job announcements with CEU’s Career Services team
- Help CEU recruit talented prospective students
- Come up with new ideas on how to support CEU’s alumni, career and recruitment initiatives in your area.
Application Steps and Selection Timeline
- June 17, 2018, midnight CEST online application deadline
- June 17, 2018, midnight CEST CV submission deadline
- July 4, 2018 applicants are informed about the results of the first round of selection
- July 15, 2018 deadline for shortlisted candidates to submit a 2-minute video explaining how their experience and motivation match the program requirements
- July 24, 2018 applicants are informed about the final selection decision
- August 12, 2018 successful applicants are expected to share their short bios and skills
* The selection for the Alumni Scholarship is conducted by an internal CEU Selection Committee in accordance with the CEU Privacy Notice and upon applicants’ explicit electronic consent provided in the online application.
To apply, please fill out the online application and upload your CV (E.g. First Name_Last Name_Country) by Sunday midnight CEST, June 17, 2018. Please be aware that applications without a CV will not be accepted.