In order to be able to enroll at CEU, accepted students must submit the following academic documents to the Admissions Office (mailing address: Nador u. 9, 1051 Budapest, Hungary) by August 15, 2018, the latest:
1. an official English copy/translation of their full Bachelor's (and, for doctoral programs, Master's) transcript (transcript = an official report supplied by a school on the record of an individual student, listing subjects studied and grades received);
2. an official English copy/translation of their Bachelor's (and, for doctoral programs, Master's) diploma;
3. an official copy of their diploma(s) in the original language, if other than English;
4. an official copy of their full transcript(s) in the original language, if other than English.
Students who fail to comply with the requirement of submitting their academic records will NOT be allowed to enroll.
1. CEU does not return academic records of previous studies, nor does it provide copies thereof. If you intend to apply for further studies at other universities while at CEU, please make sure to bring with you sufficient copies of the above mentioned documents for your further applications.
2. Electronic copies or versions of academic records, including e-transcripts, are not acceptable.
3. An official copy bears the stamp and signature of a notary public or an authorized official of the university that has issued the original.
4. An official translation bears the stamp and signature of a sworn translator or an authorized official of the institution that has issued the original. It should contain the stamp and signature on each page or over a folded and fastened corner of the document, and include a statement of authenticity in English.
5. An official English version of a transcript or a diploma (i.e. one issued by the very institution from which the student has graduated) does not need to be accompanied by its original language counterpart unless the English version is marked as a translation.
6. Those students that took courses at more than one institution as part of their degree program must have an official transcript submitted from each school.
7. Those students enrolled in a one-year Master’s program at CEU that have earned a three-year undergraduate degree and have completed a Master’s program at another university must submit, in addition to their Bachelor’s records, an official copy (and translation if applicable) of their Master’s transcript and diploma.
8. The official "Diploma Supplement" issued by European institutions is not valid without an official copy (and translation, if applicable) of the diploma.
9. Official transcripts that are issued in a sealed envelope must be turned in that way.
10. In case the name stated on the submitted academic records (diploma, transcript) is different from thee name stated in the student's travel document/national ID, the name change must be documented officially (along with an official English translation where applicable) .