In collaboration with the CEU Library, the Alumni Relations & Career Services office, and the IT Department, with support from the Provost’s Office, CEU now provides alumni access to several key Library electronic resources.
CEU's relationship with students does not end in June after graduation. We actively seek to build a strong connection that includes supporting graduates in transitioning to their next challenge or career wherever they are in the world. We have heard from many graduates that the abrupt loss of access to library databases is difficult as they continue to work on research projects or move to positions where broad access to online resources is not supported. These are the reasons why we have made special arrangements with several publishers to allow alumni access. Provost/Pro-Rector Liviu Matei expressed gratitude to the Director of the CEU Library Diane Geraci for initiating and completing complex negotiations to achieve this result. Although certain databases are not available in this way due to license restrictions, the Library will continue to seek other opportunities and work with publishers to increase alumni support.
The following electronic resources are now available to CEU alumni:
· JSTOR – Interdisciplinary archive of scholarship from leading academic journals across the humanities, social sciences, and life sciences. 2642 full-text journals from these collections: Arts & Sciences I-XI, and Life Sciences.
· Oxford Journals Online - 156 full-text journals from the Arts & Humanities, Social Science, and Law Collections.
· Oxford Scholarship Online - More than 5400 electronic books published by Oxford University Press in the fields of History, Economics and Finance, Business and Management, Political Science, Religion.
· Project Muse - 513 full-text humanities and social sciences journals.
· Sage Journals Online - 553 full-text journals in the humanities and social sciences fields.
For more information on Library Services for CEU Alumni, see http://www.library.ceu.hu/alumni.html