The Human RightS Initiative (HRSI) at CEU seeks volunteers to join their Tutoring Program that aim to benefit students at the Imre Madach Secondary School.
1) Conversations/Presentations in English - similar to sessions in the Anyos Jedlik Secondary School, volunteers attend a 45-minute class and talk about their fields of study and research, interests and hobbies, the university experience and various other topics. All members of the CEU community are strongly welcome to participate!
2) English Coaching Program - volunteers can participate in 10th and 11th graders' English classes, the emphasis here is more on developing verbal skills, grammar and vocabulary. Also open to all members of the CEU community, but in this case, preference will be given to native speakers.
3) Spanish Tutoring Program/Hispanic Studies Program - a group of students studying Spanish and another one focusing specifically on Hispanic culture welcome volunteers to chat or hold short presentations about various topics. Open to Spanish-speaking members of the CEU community!
· It is possible to participate in only one or two sessions.
· Students, faculty, staff, alumni as well as members of the greater CEU community are welcome to volunteer so feel free to forward the call and spread the word.
· This school is located a few minutes walk from Blaha Lujza ter, relatively close to CEU.
Volunteers are also welcome to other HRSI-run programs:
1. English Coaching Program at Miklos Zrinyi Elementary School (open for all)
2. Social Sensitivity Training at Miklos Zrinyi Elementary School (open to HU-speakers)
3. Conversations/Presentations in English at Anyos Jedlik Secondary School (open to all but preference given to native speakers)
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com indicating in which program you want to participate by 5 p.m. on April 7, or visit the HRSI office at Oktober 6. utca 7. 4th floor, room 419/A.