One of the most important developments or events in the unit's history
- The Center developed a full Integrity Curriculum with three core courses and six electives, translated to Russian. Syllabi available on the CIBG website: http://business.ceu.edu/icf
- CIBG conducts research in the field of integrity, accountability, transparency and anti-corruption.
- CIBG organized 11 workshops for educators, executives and public officials in several countries with participants from more than 20 countries, and with its project partner Integrity Action, has a network of 322 partner institutions in the ECA region, forming numerous collaborations.
The most important development in 2014-15
- The Center hosted the Managing Integrity executive training event for executives in Bucharest, Romania on June 29-30, 2015. (http://goo.gl/d2O00s)
- CIBG co-hosted the Educating for Integrity conference with the Canadian Business Ethics Research Network (CBERN) at York University on November 5-7, 2015 in Toronto, Canada.
Other important developments in 2014-15
Integrity Executive Training: CIBG developed content for integrity management in four key transaction areas: supply chain, procurement, human resources, and conflict of interest. The Center offers interactive executive trainings with C-level and mid-level training modules designed for managers based on real corruption cases. Topics include strategic guidance, consequences of an FCPA investigation, setting up and operating a corporate integrity management system.
Engagement with external entities in 2014-15
CIBG co-hosted the Educating for Integrity conference with the Canadian Business Ethics Research Network (CBERN) at York University on November 5-7, 2015 in Toronto, Canada. The event provided an opportunity for the cross-sector examination of key integrity-related issues facing business, government and communities in addressing the challenge of corruption in the developed, developing and underdeveloped world and stimulated cross sector and cross disciplinary discussion and research focused on the development of educational tools and curricular materials for anti-corruption and integrity education.
CIBG hosted the Integrity Academy, two interactive workshops on integrity, chaired by leading corporate intelligence company CNS Risk, in partnership with the Hungarian Business Leaders Forum and Horvath & Partners DLA Piper, bringing together prominent local business leaders and experts to explore challenges to business integrity and how they might be mitigated.
Faculty distinctions in 2014-15
In September 2014, Associate Professor Davide Torsello won the annual CEU Outstanding Research Award for 2013-2014.
Major events in 2014-15
- Book launch with Susan Rose-Ackerman (Yale University Law School) on June 26, 2015. The members of CIBG co-authored and edited an integrity volume titled Debates of Corruption and Integrity: Perspectives from Europe and the US, published by Palgrave-MacMillan, investigating ways in which corruption and integrity apply to everyday practices.
- Board Simulation: CIBG organized a successful Board of Directors Meeting Simulation on ethical problems in an M&A case for CEU students with AmCham Hungary on March 11, 2015.
Other news or information
- CIBG published Debates of Corruption and Integrity: Perspectives from Europe and the US (Palgrave-MacMillan 2015)
- CIBG developed several integrity-related case studies from the region, such as The Price of Regional Expansion: The Magyar Telekom corruption case, an innovative multi-media case study on the Macedonian bribery scandal, and Public Procurement in Bulgaria: The Case of Unfair Competition.
- CIBG published the English-Russian Business Integrity Glossary in partnership with Integrity Action and the American Chamber of Commerce Hungary. This resource recommends and defines key terminology for use by businesses and academics dealing with integrity and anti-corruption issues.