One of the most important developments or events in the unit's history:
Publication of faculty-authored book: Maciej Kisilowski (ed.), "Free Market in its Twenties: Modern Business Decision Making in Central and Eastern Europe" (Budapest: CEU Press, June 2014).
The most important development in 2014-15:
Final go-ahead and full-scale recruiting for new PhD in Business Administration (first PhD class to enter Sept 2016).
Other important developments in 2014-15:
- During the academic year of 2014-15, CEU Business School reached its highest graduate enrolment, over 180 students, and over 500 participants took part in its executive programs.
- Launched MSc-Business Analytics Program in fall 2015 (in partnership with CEU Economics Dept.)
- Economist ranked consortium IMM global MBA program among the top 100 EMBAs of the world, in top 20 in Europe and number 1 in the CEE.
- Launched advanced non-degree short-course series, Breakthrough Program (e.g. on Digital Marketing, Global Entrepreneurship, Strategy for the Sharing Economy, Applied Data Science, etc.).
Engagement with external entities in 2014-15:
- Launched weekend Katalyst EMBA in coordination with Warsaw University of Technology in October 2014.
- Joined the Microeconomics of Competitiveness Affiliate Network operated by the Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness, HBS, in Dec 2015.
- Signed broad-based exchange agreement with Hitotsubashi, top-ranked business school in Japan.
- Jointly with MOME, the distinguished design university in Budapest, offered course Design Thinking.
- The school's Center for Integrity in Business and Government [CBIG] launched the Integrity Academy for CEOs, in cooperation with the Canadian Chamber of Commerce Hungary and the Hungarian Business Leaders Forum, and held the Educating for Integrity Conference, co-organized and held at Schulich School of Business, York University, Canada, in Nov 2015.
- CEU Business School became academic partner of the Silicon Valley-based Neumann Society in March 2015.
- The school's Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship held several roundtables, workshops and conferences, launched in fall 2014 the Global Entrepreneurship Fellows Program, and in fall 2014 hosted the Stanford Computer Science Dept-Y-Combinator streamed course, How to Start a Start-up.
Faculty distinctions in 2014-15:
- In Sept 2014 Associate Professor Davide Torsello won the CEU Outstanding Research Award and Associate Professor Zoltan Buzady won the CEEMAN Case Writing Competition Award.
- Assistant Professor Maciej Kisilowski published two invited commentaries on Poland in Politico during fall 2015.
Major events in 2014-15:
Mel Horwitch gave a keynote address at the "Hunnovators" Neumann Society Conference in San Francisco in March 2015.