One of the most important developments or events in the unit's history:
Former Department of Public Policy (DPP) students, faculty, and staff join School of Public Policy (SPP) in summer 2015.
The most important development in 2014-15:
SPP graduates its first MPA Class (June 2015).
Other important developments in 2014-15:
- SPP and then-DPP students launch the Policy Café to provide a forum for public policy students to debate policy issues (December 2014).
- SPP announces the selection of Yasmin Sooka as the inaugural George Soros Visiting Chair (February 2015).
- Publication of first pilot study in joint research project with LEAD, company companions, and the Center for Leadership and Values in Society at the University of St. Gallens; and of a report on the impact that digitalization and the rapid pace of change are having on current leadership practices.
Engagement with external entities in 2014-15:
SPP launches the Global Challenges Fellowship (GCF) program with the Institute for Advanced Study and GPPI (February 2015). It is supported by the Volkswagen Foundation.
The Global Policy Academy (GPA) trained 200 policy professionals from over 50 countries in AY14-15. Among the courses it organized were: Policy Workshop for Civil Society Leaders and Policy Makers from the Black Sea Region (October 6-10), Policy Advisers Course for Eastern Partners (October 27-31), Policy Analysis and Advocacy for Environmental Activists (February 11-13), Reversing the Resource Curse (April 13-24), Migration Policy in a European Context (May 4-June 2), Anticipating Drug Legalization (May 13-15).
Major events in 2014-15:
- SPP celebrates CEU's 25th anniversary profiling 25 public policy alumni from 25 countries.
- Deepa Narayan gives the Kapuscinski Development Lecture, May 7, 2015..
- SPP's Annual Conference on June 17-18, 2015 focuses on Democracy Shunned: Debates and Prospects.
- Public policy students are elected president and vice-president of the Student Union in October 2015. (Public policy student was elected president of the Student Union in October 2014.)
- Public policy students selected as editors of CEU Weekly in AY14-15 and AY15-16.
- Public policy student was editor of Human RightS Initiative's Activist magazine.
Other news or information
- Public policy student galvanizes CEU community to support Nepal relief efforts, June-September 2015.
- Public policy students take part in the Open Society Internship for Rights and Governance Summer Internship Program, June 2015.
- Public policy students take part in the 2015 Allianz Summer Academy on Europe, August 2015.