The Center for Media, Data and Society at CEU is inviting applications for a five-session workshop on podcast design and production organized within the frame of the of the Intellectual Themes Initiative funded project Sound Relations: Transgressions, Disruptions, Transformations. The workshop is open to all members of the CEU community.
The aim of the workshop is to introduce participants to the basics of podcasting: how to create and produce audio content that will potentially open new avenues of research, allow for the modification of teaching practices and increase the possibilities for open access dissemination of knowledge. Podcasting can help established and emerging scholars promote their work, foster new communities of practice, and change the way research is imagined.
Paritcipants will learn how to:
- use recording equipment and software for audio production
- design, edit and manage audio content
- Be a member of CEU, either as a student, faculty or staff. Visiting scholars and students are welcome
- Be able to attend all the five sessions. They are all essential to the training, so please check schedule before applying
- Please note that all the equipment will be provided by CEU but participants are free to use their own gear
No previous podcasting experience is required but basic computer literacy skills are needed.
Please note that this program cannot be taken for credit.
Workshop dates: February 22, March 1, March 16, and March 29
The tentative workshop program is attached.
How to apply:
Please send an email including the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with AudioFiles application + applicant's name in the subject line:
- (short) CV
- A short synopsis for a 20 minutes podcast*, including theme, storyline, potential guests etc. (approx. 350 words)
- Optional: if you already have a podcast, please share it with us and include a short paragraph on why this workshop is useful for you.
Deadline for applications: February 5
Results will be communicated by: February 10
Confirmation by: February 15