The new call for the European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant is open with a deadline of August 31, 2017.
For your information, a brief summary of the scheme is included below.
European Research Council - Advanced Grant
The scheme targets researchers who have already established themselves as independent research leaders.
Proposals should aim high, both with regards to the ambition of the envisaged scientific achievements as well as to the creativity and originality of proposed approaches.
- senior scholars of any age and nationality may apply
- institutions hosting projects are to be located in the EU or in an Associated Country
Profile of a competitive candidate:
Applications are expected from scientifically independent senior researchers who have an impressing 10-year track-record and a scholarly profile which identifies them as leaders in their respective field(s) of research.
- minimum 30% of working time to be dedicated to the ERC project
- minimum 50% of working time to be spent in the EU or in an Associated Country
- maximum EU contribution is EUR 2.5 million per project for up to 5 years
- level of funding: 100% (no own contribution is required)
- personnel costs (for the principal investigator and team members)
- equipment and consumables
- travel costs
- publication and open access costs
- other costs
- indirect costs (25% upon the total direct costs excluding subcontracting)
- scientific excellence of the principal investigator and the proposed research project
Useful reference document: Information for Applicants
Please, note that due to the size and scale of these grants, proper preparation is essential, so interested members of the faculty are kindly requested to contact tje Academic Cooperation and Research Support Office as soon as they have decided to submit an application this year; or have been invited to be team members.
If you have any questions, please, contact Vanda Mohacsi, European Research Council Projects Officer, at email@example.com.