Are you applying to CEU? We’ve collected everything you need to know, from application requirements to useful resources.
- Start with going over CEU’s Application Checklist, which walks you through the entire application process.
- Allow plenty of time to complete your online application form. Click here for some pointers on how to write a powerful research proposal, impress with your statement of purpose and make your application stand out. Watch our students’ top 10 application tips and read a current master’s student’s guide to research proposals.
- Double-check your chosen department’s website to ensure you've uploaded all the general and program-specific admissions documents required. While you’re at it, catch up with our webinars and hear directly from our students and professors.
- Your recommenders have one week to upload their recommendations after you have submitted your application and have paid the application fee. You can track the status of your references via the Applicant Portal. If needed, you may also resend the link to them.
- Don't have your final transcripts and diploma yet? Don't worry. We can accept an interim transcript and certificate of enrollment from your university, but remember that you’ll need to submit an official hard copy before you enroll. The translation of your transcript and diploma, however, must be official.
- Make sure you pay the application fee of EUR 30. This fee cannot be waived but the good news is that you only need to pay it once, no matter how many programs you're applying for (up to five).
- Would you like to apply for a scholarship? If you’re a master’s candidate, remember to fill out the Funding section of the application form and submit your application by January 30, 2020, 23:59 Central European Time. Applying for a PhD program? Make sure to apply by the same deadline, and we will automatically consider you for the CEU Doctoral Scholarship.
- Don’t forget that your application must be complete with the required language and program-specific test scores. English or other test scores submitted after the deadline are considered on a case-by-case basis – reach out to the Admissions Office if you are awaiting results.
- Have trouble filling out your application? Check our FAQ section for possible solutions or contact us at email@example.com.
- Remember to hit the 'Submit' button and pay the application fee as the last step. Once you did and if you can't edit the form anymore, your application is on its way to us!
April 1, 2020
March 24, 2020