Are you looking to apply to a master’s or PhD program at CEU? Or have you already started the application process? Here’s everything you need to know from application requirements to useful resources.
- Start by reviewing our Application Checklist, which walks you through the entire process.
- Allow plenty of time to complete your online application form. Need some pointers? Click here for videos on how to write a powerful research proposal, impress with your statement of purpose and make your application stand out. Then watch our students’ top 10 application tips and read a current MA student’s guide to research proposals.
- Double-check your department’s website to ensure you've uploaded all the general and program-specific admissions documents required.
- Ready to dig deeper? Join our January webinars and hear directly from our students and professors. You can also chat with current students and alumni on Unibuddy about everything student-related.
- Your referees have one week to upload their confidential letters of recommendation after you've submitted your application and paid the application fee. Please note that a separate set of recommendations is required for every application you submit. You can track the status of your references via the Applicant Portal. If your referee has not received the notification email with a link to the reference form, ask them to check their promotions and spam folders. If this doesn’t solve the issue, you should remove and re-register them on the Applicant Portal.
- If you don't have your final academic records yet, don't worry. We can accept an interim transcript and a certificate of enrollment from your university. Just remember that all non-English language documents should be translated and certified by the issuing institution or a registered translator.
- Your application must be complete with the required language and program-specific test scores. English or other test scores submitted after the deadline are considered on a case-by-case basis – reach out to the Admissions Office at email@example.com if you are awaiting results.
- After you’ve submitted your application, don’t forget to pay the application fee of EUR 30. This fee cannot be waived, but the good news is that you only need to pay it once, no matter how many programs to which you're applying (up to five). If someone else pays the application fee on your behalf, they should use the CEU payment gateway. Make sure to press the "submit" button on your application before making a third-party payment though.
- Would you like to apply for a scholarship? For most programs, you must submit your application by February 1, 2021, 23:59 Central European Time. Are you a master’s candidate? Fill out the Funding section of the application form to be considered for CEU master’s scholarships and tuition awards. If you are applying for a PhD program, just apply by the financial aid deadline and you’ll be automatically considered for the CEU Doctoral Scholarship.
- Have trouble filling out your application? Check our graduate FAQ section for possible solutions or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical questions or concerns, please write to email@example.com.
Remember to hit the "submit" button and pay the application fee as the last step. Once you do (and if you can't edit the form anymore), your application is on its way to us!
What’s next? You can easily track the status of your application in the Applicant Portal. If we need any further materials from you, we’ll ask you to submit them through this portal too.