In house caterer
- Library Cafe, QS51 Groundfloor Caffee, opening hours: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Recommended canteen close to campus
- Magda's Kantine - Brotfabrik: cafeteria in Brotfabrik, directions: https://www.magdas-essen.at/kontakt/
Other websites listing restaurants and cafes:
Catering areas on campus
- QS Auditorium, ground floor. Standing receptions – coffee breaks – for up to 100 guests and lunch breaks standing only with high-top party tables for up to 80 guests. It is accessible from public area, room arrangement is needed, no blinds – free view from the street.
- QS Glass Hall (B002), Multifunctional Room, ground floor. Standing receptions – coffee breaks – for up to 50 guests and lunch breaks standing with high-top party tables for up to 40 guests, seated with tables for 30 guests. It is accessible from public area, room arrangement is needed, no blinds – free view from the street. Storage is possible in adjacent storeroom.
- QS Tiered D001 and D002 Foyer, mezzanine. Standing receptions – coffee breaks – and lunch breaks standing only with high-top party tables for up to 80 guests. It is accessible with visitor card on the ground floor mezzanine.
NOTE: this is student’s lounge area as well.
- Library Coffee, ground floor. Standing receptions – coffee breaks – between 30-100 guests and lunch breaks standing/seated for up to 100 guests. Accessible from public area, incl. wheelchair access. No blinds – free view from the street. Two areas to be combined or used separately: main and gallery space. Arrangements must be made with QS Estratto, see contact details above.
- QS Senate Room (B319), 3rd floor. Standing receptions – coffee breaks – for up to 40 guests and lunch breaks standing/seated for up to 25 guests. No public access, reception possible both in the main space and the small space with a possibility of division by a mobile wall. Seated lunch not allowed at the large senate table.
In house caterer
- Central Bistro: Nador 15 Groundfloor Caffee
- Brunch Bistro: Nador 9 Monument Building Ground floor
Catering areas on campus
- N15 Lower Foyer, -1 level. Standing receptions/ coffee breaks for up to 70 PAX or lunch break for up to 50 PAX. Receptions for events in N15 103 Tiered, or in other N15 classrooms can be organized here and any (in-house or external) caterer can be contracted. Although accessible from the public area (no visitor cards needed in case of open to public events) it is well-hidden. There are elevators and washrooms very near to this area.
- N15 Ground Floor Catering Area, in front of Estratto. Please note this location is not accessible through the booking system and is part of the public area, thus it has high volume of traffic throughout the day. For further details (i.e. availability and setup possibilities), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- N15 Quantum Foyer, 1st floor. Only for standing receptions/coffee breaks for c. 40 PAX. The Quantum Foyer is booked automatically when the Quantum room is booked. Pay special attention to classes/events in the neighboring rooms, i.e. 102. Any (in-house or external) caterer can be contracted. This area is also accessible from the public area; elevators and washrooms are located at the other end of the corridor.
- N15 Second Floor Catering Area. Approximately 80 people can be seated in the area. It is also convenient for standing receptions and coffee breaks. It is accessible from the public area. Elevators and washrooms are located at the other end of the corridor. Please note that this catering area cannot be booked in peak periods, that is on weekdays between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. In case the restaurant is open. For further details and setup possibilities, please contact us at email@example.com.
- N13 Atrium (Lobby), ground floor. Standing receptions –coffee breaks- for up to 300 guests and lunch breaks standing only with high-top party tables for up to 200 guests. Please note that for N13 Lobby access, a CEU ID card or a visitor card in case of an external guest is needed. For events with over 300 guests, only coffee breaks are doable, and it is suggested to set up catering in the N13 Lobby and the Lower Foyer as well. For further details on visitor cards, please contact the Front Office at firstname.lastname@example.org; for setup possibilities please contact us at email@example.com.
- N13 Roof Event Area. This section has a max capacity of 60 PAX for a bookable area; the remainder of the rooftop is to remain a community area. It is accessible (open) between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. daily. It is suggested that a potential alternative location is booked as an option B in case of bad weather. Limited catering arrangements are possible on the roof event area; however, only paper and/or plastic cups and plates are allowed due to security reasons. Loud or noisy activities are not permitted, and only soft background music can be played in the roof event area. For further enquiries and setup possibilities, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- N9 Monument Building Octogon, ground floor. Standing reception for 50-60 PAX. It is accessible through N9 entrance hall. When having catering, make sure not to block passageways.