President and Rector of CEU, Michael Ignatieff has officially opened the newly constructed Medical Center in the university’s Monument Building. The Center, which serves the CEU community, has more than doubled in size, and includes treatment rooms, a waiting area and reception.
The old room booking system at booking.ceu.edu is no longer in operation. The address now takes users to the new booking system.
Read on for further updates:
- The catering area in front of the Faculty Tower Auditorium is available in the booking system as „FT Catering area ground floor”
- One part of the Front Office can also be booked for registration purposes, it is in the system as „N15 Registration space @ FO” – (when booking it, users can also add a request for a laptop if needed for registering)
In the summer of 2018, OSA received a unique collection of over 200 propaganda and promotional films produced by the Hungarian Propaganda and Tourism Agency (Idegenforgalmi Propaganda és Kiadó Vállalat) before the regime change in 1989-1990.
Peter Pastor, professor emeritus of history at Montclair State University, Montclair, NJ., donated his personal papers related to the Atlantic Research and Publications, Inc. (ARP) to Blinken OSA. Professor Pastor is a prominent member of the 1956 Hungarian exile community in the US and a historian focusing primarily on diplomatic and military relations between Hungary and Russia/USSR, and on twentieth century Hungary. He is the author, editor, or co-editor of seven books.
“How Populist Are You?" asks a quiz The Guardian published on November 21.
At the Senate meeting on October 5, the CEU Senate approved the BA program in Philosophy, Politics and Economics, the BA program in Liberal Arts and the MA program in International Public Affairs for Austrian accreditation; Andrea Weber’s application for the ‘egytemi tanar’ (university professor) title and elected new chairs and members to some Senate committees.
Read the Senate minutes and Senate decisions in the University’s Policy Repository at https://documents.ceu.edu/
Professor Julia Buxton and CEU Gender Studies graduate Giavana Margo hosted the short course “Understanding the Gendered Impacts of Drug Policy” at the Global Policy Academy at CEU's School of Public Policy in November 2018. 23 participants from eighteen different countries were invited to analyze and reflect on best practices, lessons learned and methods for improved gender inclusivity within global drug policy reform and advocacy.
CEU Planet is a compilation of news, features and interviews from across the University.
Filter by year
Filter by Unit
- The Office of the President and Rector 138 Apply The Office of the President and Rector filter
- CEU Press 86 Apply CEU Press filter
- Department of Public Policy 83 Apply Department of Public Policy filter
- Community Engagement Office 75 Apply Community Engagement Office filter
- Department of Medieval Studies 69 Apply Department of Medieval Studies filter
- Department of History 57 Apply Department of History filter
- Alumni Relations 55 Apply Alumni Relations filter
- Academic Cooperation and Research Support Office 53 Apply Academic Cooperation and Research Support Office filter
- The Office of the Pro-Rectors 50 Apply The Office of the Pro-Rectors filter
- Yehuda Elkana Center for Teaching, Learning, and Higher Education Research 45 Apply Yehuda Elkana Center for Teaching, Learning, and Higher Education Research filter
- 39 43 Apply 39 filter
- Center for Media, Data and Society (Democracy Institute) 43 Apply Center for Media, Data and Society (Democracy Institute) filter
- Department of Legal Studies 42 Apply Department of Legal Studies filter
- Department of Political Science 41 Apply Department of Political Science filter
- Vera and Donald Blinken Open Society Archives 39 Apply Vera and Donald Blinken Open Society Archives filter
- Department of Environmental Sciences and Policy 38 Apply Department of Environmental Sciences and Policy filter
- Campus Redevelopment Office 37 Apply Campus Redevelopment Office filter
- Center for Religious Studies 36 Apply Center for Religious Studies filter
- Department of Economics and Business 36 Apply Department of Economics and Business filter
- Center for Policy Studies (Democracy Institute) 33 Apply Center for Policy Studies (Democracy Institute) filter
- Department of International Relations 31 Apply Department of International Relations filter
- Department of Gender Studies 29 Apply Department of Gender Studies filter
- Student Recruitment 29 Apply Student Recruitment filter
- Romani Studies Program 27 Apply Romani Studies Program filter
- Communications, Marketing & Outreach Office 26 Apply Communications, Marketing & Outreach Office filter
- CEU Library 25 Apply CEU Library filter
- 59 24 Apply 59 filter
- Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology 22 Apply Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology filter
- Student Services Office 21 Apply Student Services Office filter
- 37 20 Apply 37 filter
- Institute for Advanced Study 19 Apply Institute for Advanced Study filter
- Nationalism Studies Program 19 Apply Nationalism Studies Program filter
- Summer University 18 Apply Summer University filter
- Department of Philosophy 16 Apply Department of Philosophy filter
- Department of Mathematics and Its Applications 15 Apply Department of Mathematics and Its Applications filter
- Department of Network and Data Science 15 Apply Department of Network and Data Science filter
- The Human RightS Initiative 14 Apply The Human RightS Initiative filter
- 320 11 Apply 320 filter
- Campus Services Group 10 Apply Campus Services Group filter
- Department of Cognitive Science 10 Apply Department of Cognitive Science filter
- Doctoral School of Political Science, Public Policy, and International Relations 10 Apply Doctoral School of Political Science, Public Policy, and International Relations filter
- The Office for Hungarian Affairs 9 Apply The Office for Hungarian Affairs filter
- The Shattuck Center for Human Rights (Department of Public Policy) 9 Apply The Shattuck Center for Human Rights (Department of Public Policy) filter
- Center for Eastern Mediterranean Studies (Departments of History and Medieval Studies) 7 Apply Center for Eastern Mediterranean Studies (Departments of History and Medieval Studies) filter
- Cognitive Development Center (Department of Cognitive Science) 6 Apply Cognitive Development Center (Department of Cognitive Science) filter
- The Office of the Academic Secretary 6 Apply The Office of the Academic Secretary filter
- Center for Ethics and Law in Biomedicine 5 Apply Center for Ethics and Law in Biomedicine filter
- Development Office 5 Apply Development Office filter
- Information Technology Department 5 Apply Information Technology Department filter
- Social Mind Center (Department of Cognitive Science) 5 Apply Social Mind Center (Department of Cognitive Science) filter