Deadline for submitting nominations: Friday, May 18
Can audio technologies help students learn better? Can we assign podcasts in the same way we assign course readings? Does it take a lot of instructor time? These questions and others led to a discussion at the Center for Teaching and Learning on March 20, when around 15 faculty members gathered to think through audio over wine and cheese.
CEU's School of Public Policy (SPP) announced the appointment of John Ryle as George Soros Visiting Chair for the Spring 2018 term.
The CEU Communications Office and Web Team rolled out an updated website theme to the University's main domain (www.ceu.edu) as well as the people, course, and document hubs at the end of April. The new theme represents a fresh interpretation of CEU's existing visual identity and adopts several design approaches now common among university websites.
Deadline for applications: May 10, 2018
Central European University (CEU) invites applications for the Research Excellence Fellowship Program for Winter and Spring terms of the academic year 2018-19.
Deadline for applications: May 10, 2018
Central European University invites applications for its Faculty Development Fellowship program for the Winter and Spring terms of the academic year 2018-19.
How do viruses spread or how to model liquidity? Among many other fundamental topics in everyday life or high-level mathematics, this question was in focus at the Workshop on Differential Equations at CEU April 4-6. The workshop grew out of the School in Differential Equations of Professor Gheorghe Morosanu, former head of CEU’s Department of Mathematics and its Applications.
Jessica Lawrence, assistant professor of International Business Law at CEU’s Department of Legal Studies, examines the legal and political discourse of the EU and those affected by its policies in her new book Governmentality in EU Trade and Environment Policy: Between Rights and Market (Routledge 2018).
CEU alumnus Jakub Leps (POLS ’98) was recently elected Prague chairman for the TOP 09 political party. Elected for the two-year term in January, his tasks will focus on managing the party and campaigning ahead of this fall’s local and senate elections.
Leps also serves as Third Deputy Mayor of Prague’s 11th District, a role which he says he will continue.
CEU Planet is a compilation of news, features and interviews from across the University.
Filter by year
Filter by Unit
- The Office of the President and Rector 138 Apply The Office of the President and Rector filter
- CEU Press 86 Apply CEU Press filter
- Department of Public Policy 83 Apply Department of Public Policy filter
- Community Engagement Office 75 Apply Community Engagement Office filter
- Department of Medieval Studies 69 Apply Department of Medieval Studies filter
- Department of History 57 Apply Department of History filter
- Alumni Relations 55 Apply Alumni Relations filter
- Academic Cooperation and Research Support Office 53 Apply Academic Cooperation and Research Support Office filter
- The Office of the Pro-Rectors 50 Apply The Office of the Pro-Rectors filter
- Yehuda Elkana Center for Teaching, Learning, and Higher Education Research 45 Apply Yehuda Elkana Center for Teaching, Learning, and Higher Education Research filter
- 39 43 Apply 39 filter
- Center for Media, Data and Society (Democracy Institute) 43 Apply Center for Media, Data and Society (Democracy Institute) filter
- Department of Legal Studies 42 Apply Department of Legal Studies filter
- Department of Political Science 41 Apply Department of Political Science filter
- Vera and Donald Blinken Open Society Archives 39 Apply Vera and Donald Blinken Open Society Archives filter
- Department of Environmental Sciences and Policy 38 Apply Department of Environmental Sciences and Policy filter
- Campus Redevelopment Office 37 Apply Campus Redevelopment Office filter
- Center for Religious Studies 36 Apply Center for Religious Studies filter
- Department of Economics and Business 36 Apply Department of Economics and Business filter
- Center for Policy Studies (Democracy Institute) 33 Apply Center for Policy Studies (Democracy Institute) filter
- Department of International Relations 31 Apply Department of International Relations filter
- Department of Gender Studies 29 Apply Department of Gender Studies filter
- Student Recruitment 29 Apply Student Recruitment filter
- Romani Studies Program 27 Apply Romani Studies Program filter
- Communications, Marketing & Outreach Office 26 Apply Communications, Marketing & Outreach Office filter
- CEU Library 25 Apply CEU Library filter
- 59 24 Apply 59 filter
- Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology 22 Apply Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology filter
- Student Services Office 21 Apply Student Services Office filter
- 37 20 Apply 37 filter
- Institute for Advanced Study 19 Apply Institute for Advanced Study filter
- Nationalism Studies Program 19 Apply Nationalism Studies Program filter
- Summer University 18 Apply Summer University filter
- Department of Philosophy 16 Apply Department of Philosophy filter
- Department of Mathematics and Its Applications 15 Apply Department of Mathematics and Its Applications filter
- Department of Network and Data Science 15 Apply Department of Network and Data Science filter
- The Human RightS Initiative 14 Apply The Human RightS Initiative filter
- 320 11 Apply 320 filter
- Campus Services Group 10 Apply Campus Services Group filter
- Department of Cognitive Science 10 Apply Department of Cognitive Science filter
- Doctoral School of Political Science, Public Policy, and International Relations 10 Apply Doctoral School of Political Science, Public Policy, and International Relations filter
- Shattuck Center on Conflict, Negotiation and Recovery (Department of Public Policy) 9 Apply Shattuck Center on Conflict, Negotiation and Recovery (Department of Public Policy) filter
- The Office for Hungarian Affairs 9 Apply The Office for Hungarian Affairs filter
- Center for Eastern Mediterranean Studies (Departments of History and Medieval Studies) 7 Apply Center for Eastern Mediterranean Studies (Departments of History and Medieval Studies) filter
- Cognitive Development Center (Department of Cognitive Science) 6 Apply Cognitive Development Center (Department of Cognitive Science) filter
- The Office of the Academic Secretary 6 Apply The Office of the Academic Secretary filter
- Center for Ethics and Law in Biomedicine 5 Apply Center for Ethics and Law in Biomedicine filter
- Development Office 5 Apply Development Office filter
- Information Technology Department 5 Apply Information Technology Department filter
- Social Mind Center (Department of Cognitive Science) 5 Apply Social Mind Center (Department of Cognitive Science) filter