The new call for applications for the CEU/HESP Visiting Fellowship Program for the Winter and Spring terms of the academic year 2018-19 is now open.
Name: Flora Laszlo
Title: Deputy Director, Community Engagement Office
Number of years at CEU: 2 and a half
Home city/town & country: Budapest, Hungary
What's your favorite Hungarian food?
Diós kifli (walnut roll). Is it Hungarian?
Whose works of art or design have had the greatest impression on you?
Photographers Ansel Adams and Gabor Kerekes
What's your favorite language, whether you speak it or not?
CEU alumna Magdolna Szilagyi (MEDS MA’06, PhD’13) received the Anonymus Prize, an award for young scholars working at the Institute of Humanities of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
Application deadline: April 6, 2018
Within the European Commission’s Erasmus+ Program Key Action 1 – Mobility of Individuals, CEU academic and administrative employees may seek Erasmus+ funding for participation in a training mobility abroad. The staff training must be carried out at a Higher Education Institution (HEI) that is a holder of an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education or any public or private organisation active in the labour market or in the fields of education, training and youth.
Pre-requisites of participation
The Department of Medieval Studies at CEU celebrated its 25th anniversary by inviting the public to "Visit the Middle Ages." With a knight in full armor, nomadic warriors demonstrating their skills with sabre and lance, noblewomen and peasants showing crafts from painting to papermaking, ceramics to glass, medicine to clothing, CEU's Nador 13 Atrium building was transformed into a medieval fair.
CEU's Center for Ethics and Law in Biomedicine (CELAB) hosted the Hungarian celebration of UniStem Day 2018, an annual Europe-wide event to popularize recent advances in stem cell research. This year, 74 academic and research institutions participated in UniStem Day events in 10 European countries. At CEU, university and high school students gathered to hear eminent Hungarian scholars and researchers discuss recent research findings as well as the difficulties of introducing them into clinical practice.
Social progress, prosperity, security, and the concept of open society all emerged from the horrific ordeal of war, according to Margaret MacMillan, professor at the University of Toronto and the former warden of St. Antony's College, speaking at CEU March 7 as part of the Rethinking Open Society series hosted by CEU President and Rector Michael Ignatieff.
Phase 1 of Central European University’s campus redevelopment project won both a Civic Trust Award and received the National Panel Special Award as the favorite scheme of the National Panel members from this year’s Civic Trust Awards winning projects. The award was received by architects John Tuomey and Sheila O'Donnell, Teampannon, and the CEU Campus Redevelopment Office.
Five of Central European University's academic programs were ranked among the top 100 in the world, and two others in the top 200, by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) in its global subject rankings, released February 28.
The 2017 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report lists the CEU Center for Policy Studies in the top 20 of Central and Eastern European think tanks and as the 25th Best University Affiliated Think Tank.
CEU Planet is a compilation of news, features and interviews from across the University.
Filter by year
Filter by Unit
- The Office of the President and Rector 138 Apply The Office of the President and Rector filter
- CEU Press 86 Apply CEU Press filter
- Department of Public Policy 83 Apply Department of Public Policy filter
- Community Engagement Office 75 Apply Community Engagement Office filter
- Department of Medieval Studies 69 Apply Department of Medieval Studies filter
- Department of History 57 Apply Department of History filter
- Alumni Relations 55 Apply Alumni Relations filter
- Academic Cooperation and Research Support Office 53 Apply Academic Cooperation and Research Support Office filter
- The Office of the Pro-Rectors 50 Apply The Office of the Pro-Rectors filter
- Yehuda Elkana Center for Teaching, Learning, and Higher Education Research 45 Apply Yehuda Elkana Center for Teaching, Learning, and Higher Education Research filter
- 39 43 Apply 39 filter
- Center for Media, Data and Society (Democracy Institute) 43 Apply Center for Media, Data and Society (Democracy Institute) filter
- Department of Legal Studies 42 Apply Department of Legal Studies filter
- Department of Political Science 41 Apply Department of Political Science filter
- Vera and Donald Blinken Open Society Archives 39 Apply Vera and Donald Blinken Open Society Archives filter
- Department of Environmental Sciences and Policy 38 Apply Department of Environmental Sciences and Policy filter
- Campus Redevelopment Office 37 Apply Campus Redevelopment Office filter
- Center for Religious Studies 36 Apply Center for Religious Studies filter
- Department of Economics and Business 36 Apply Department of Economics and Business filter
- Center for Policy Studies (Democracy Institute) 33 Apply Center for Policy Studies (Democracy Institute) filter
- Department of International Relations 31 Apply Department of International Relations filter
- Department of Gender Studies 29 Apply Department of Gender Studies filter
- Student Recruitment 29 Apply Student Recruitment filter
- Romani Studies Program 27 Apply Romani Studies Program filter
- Communications, Marketing & Outreach Office 26 Apply Communications, Marketing & Outreach Office filter
- CEU Library 25 Apply CEU Library filter
- 59 24 Apply 59 filter
- Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology 22 Apply Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology filter
- Student Services Office 21 Apply Student Services Office filter
- 37 20 Apply 37 filter
- Institute for Advanced Study 19 Apply Institute for Advanced Study filter
- Nationalism Studies Program 19 Apply Nationalism Studies Program filter
- Summer University 18 Apply Summer University filter
- Department of Philosophy 16 Apply Department of Philosophy filter
- Department of Mathematics and Its Applications 15 Apply Department of Mathematics and Its Applications filter
- Department of Network and Data Science 15 Apply Department of Network and Data Science filter
- The Human RightS Initiative 14 Apply The Human RightS Initiative filter
- 320 11 Apply 320 filter
- Campus Services Group 10 Apply Campus Services Group filter
- Department of Cognitive Science 10 Apply Department of Cognitive Science filter
- Doctoral School of Political Science, Public Policy, and International Relations 10 Apply Doctoral School of Political Science, Public Policy, and International Relations filter
- Shattuck Center on Conflict, Negotiation and Recovery (Department of Public Policy) 9 Apply Shattuck Center on Conflict, Negotiation and Recovery (Department of Public Policy) filter
- The Office for Hungarian Affairs 9 Apply The Office for Hungarian Affairs filter
- Center for Eastern Mediterranean Studies (Departments of History and Medieval Studies) 7 Apply Center for Eastern Mediterranean Studies (Departments of History and Medieval Studies) filter
- Cognitive Development Center (Department of Cognitive Science) 6 Apply Cognitive Development Center (Department of Cognitive Science) filter
- The Office of the Academic Secretary 6 Apply The Office of the Academic Secretary filter
- Center for Ethics and Law in Biomedicine 5 Apply Center for Ethics and Law in Biomedicine filter
- Development Office 5 Apply Development Office filter
- Information Technology Department 5 Apply Information Technology Department filter
- Social Mind Center (Department of Cognitive Science) 5 Apply Social Mind Center (Department of Cognitive Science) filter