At Central European University, our community is our greatest asset – and our greatest priority. We are closely monitoring and following advice from Hungarian and Austrian authorities as well as the World Health Organization. With this in mind, we have moved all our classes online in response to Covid-19. Our Budapest and Vienna campuses are closed to students and the public, while our staff and faculty continue to be contactable by email.
Information for the CEU community
As the situation continues to evolve, information for the CEU community is updated on our intranet OneCEU (CEU log-in is required). Please check this daily for the latest information and community guidance.
Covid-19 emergency lines
Call the special Covid-19 emergency lines and follow their instructions:
- In Budapest 06 80 277455 and 06 80 277456 or to call an ambulance, dial 104
- In Vienna 1450, 0800 555 621 or to call an ambulance, dial 144 (after 7 pm call emergency line 141)
- English language information from the Austrian authorities
- Information in Hungarian
- The latest Center for Disease Control travel advice
- The latest situation update from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
Information for applicants, admitted students, and prospective students
Please rest assured that we are taking all necessary steps to ensure a smooth enrollment process for the fall 2020 semester. As the situation continues to evolve, do check back regularly to see the latest information and FAQs for applicants, admitted students and prospective students.