In Austria, as of February 7, the university is under CODE ORANGE, in line with the most recent guidelines from the Austrian Ministry of Science.
Classes continue to be online, no onsite events are permitted and those who can work from home should do so. However:
- Faculty/staff who need to use their campus office may do so, if for example their home internet connection is insufficiently powerful, or they need to teach where the home setting is not viable
- Students who need to use the Library or associated labs and study spaces ,or who do not have access to a printer/scanner, may come into campus to use these facilities.
For more information on Library and associated facilities access, please visit the Library Website.
There is no change to Hungarian restrictions: the Nádor campus operates on a home office setting, save where that is not possible. Classes are online.
At Central European University, the safety and wellbeing of our community is our greatest priority. While Hungary has not yet mandated a move to online, in light of the increase in infection rates there, CEU has taken the decision to apply the new protocol to both campuses. We continue to monitor the guidance from Austrian and Hungarian authorities, as well as the World Health Organization.
Under the current protocol:
- All classes take place online
- Both campuses are open for essential services, including the library, student support and IT
- Strict hygiene protocols apply to all facilities of both campuses and social distancing must be observed at all times
- Employees whose responsibilities do not necessitate on-campus presence and who are able to work from home are encouraged to do so.
Our duty of care to all of our community is absolute. By continuing to support home office for the majority of our employees, and by providing guidelines and hygiene protocols at all designated entry points to our premises, at registration, record-keeping, etc. for those students, faculty and staff who DO need to be onsite, we'll continue to keep this community safe over the next academic year.