In Austria, the university is under CODE ORANGE, in line with the most recent guidelines from the Austrian Ministry of Science.
CEU community can access the campus by using “Green Pass” or showing their immunity status:
- either vaccination (valid from day 22 after the first shot), or
- negative covid-test (valid up to 48 hrs) , or
- proof of recovery from a covid infection in the last 6 months, or
- the proof of antibodies, valid for up to 3 months as confirmed by a medical certificate.
Classes continue to be online, no onsite events are permitted and those who can work from home are encouraged to do so. However:
- Faculty and staff can access their campus office.
- Students can use our study spaces having first reserved a study space via the online booking system.
- Visitors of employees and students can enter the campus by registration only.
- CEU Library is open 12-6pm Mon-Fri during July and August.
- Further details and any changes over the summer will be posted on the Library website.
- If you have any questions, please send an email to contactLibrary@ceu.edu.
In Budapest, as of Monday, May 17, those with a valid CEU ID card may – if unavoidable – enter the Budapest campus strictly for work or study purposes related to CEU or for Library book pick up / return. Visitors of employees and students can enter the campus.
It is strongly advised not come to campus unless having immunity, either through a previous infection or through vaccination. All entering the campus must follow the COVID – 19 measures.
- The Reading Hall is open from Wednesday, July 7. More details are available here.
At Central European University, the safety and wellbeing of our community is our greatest priority. While Hungary has not yet mandated a move to online, in light of the increase in infection rates there, CEU has taken the decision to apply the new protocol to both campuses. We continue to monitor the guidance from Austrian and Hungarian authorities, as well as the World Health Organization.
Under the current protocol:
- All classes take place online
- Both campuses are open for essential services, including the library, student support and IT
- Strict hygiene protocols apply to all facilities of both campuses and social distancing must be observed at all times
- Employees whose responsibilities do not necessitate on-campus presence and who are able to work from home are encouraged to do so.
Our duty of care to all of our community is absolute. By continuing to support home office for the majority of our employees, and by providing guidelines and hygiene protocols at all designated entry points to our premises, at registration, record-keeping, etc. for those students, faculty and staff who DO need to be onsite, we'll continue to keep this community safe over the next academic year.