In Austria, the university is under CODE ORANGE, in line with the most recent guidelines from the Austrian Ministry of Science.
From May 19, CEU community can access the campus by using “Green Pass” or showing their immunity status:
- either vaccination (valid from day 22 after the first shot), or
- negative covid-test (valid up to 48 hrs) , or
- proof of recovery from a covid infection in the last 6 months, or
- the proof of antibodies, valid for up to 3 months as confirmed by a medical certificate.
Classes continue to be online, no onsite events are permitted and those who can work from home are encouraged to do so. However:
- Faculty and staff can access their campus office.
- Students can use our study spaces having first reserved a study space via the online booking system.
- From May 19, computers and seats can be reserved from the Library website or your mobile device Mon-Fri, 10am-6pm.
- Media Lab edit stations are available by appointment (please contact Adam Hushegyi at Hushegyia@ceu.edu).
- Request online and Pickup-in-person. Co-labs remain closed.
- For questions: ContactLibrary@ceu.edu
- Campus access protocols must be followed to enter the Library or pickup/return books, including testing, masks, physical distancing, hand sanitization.
For more information on Library and associated facilities access, please visit the Library Website.
In Budapest, as of Monday, May 17, those with a valid CEU ID card may – if unavoidable – enter the Budapest campus strictly for work or study purposes related to CEU or for Library book pick up / return. Visitors of employees and students are not yet allowed on campus.
It is strongly advised not come to campus unless having immunity, either through a previous infection or through vaccination. All entering the campus must follow the COVID – 19 measures. Testing for CEU community will be provided on campus on a voluntary basis twice a week. For further info, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Library Information Desk will be open from 12-4 pm Mon-Fri for “request online and pickup-in-person” service.
- A book self-return is available outside of the Library entrance.
- Please see the Library website for updated hours and library services, as well as required safety protocols. All other in-person services continue to be suspended until further notice.
At Central European University, the safety and wellbeing of our community is our greatest priority. While Hungary has not yet mandated a move to online, in light of the increase in infection rates there, CEU has taken the decision to apply the new protocol to both campuses. We continue to monitor the guidance from Austrian and Hungarian authorities, as well as the World Health Organization.
Under the current protocol:
- All classes take place online
- Both campuses are open for essential services, including the library, student support and IT
- Strict hygiene protocols apply to all facilities of both campuses and social distancing must be observed at all times
- Employees whose responsibilities do not necessitate on-campus presence and who are able to work from home are encouraged to do so.
Our duty of care to all of our community is absolute. By continuing to support home office for the majority of our employees, and by providing guidelines and hygiene protocols at all designated entry points to our premises, at registration, record-keeping, etc. for those students, faculty and staff who DO need to be onsite, we'll continue to keep this community safe over the next academic year.