The application deadline is February 1, 2023 (Wednesday).
The scholarships offered for the 2023-2024 AY are open for currently enrolled CEU students (only those who will be graduating in June 2023). The programs available are for the following (Post) Graduate- degree 1-year master (MA/MSc) and master of laws in advanced studies (Advanced LL.M.) taught at Leiden University are:
Master of Arts Programme
- International Relations, duration 1 year
Master of Science Programmes
- Public Administration, duration 1 year
- Political Science, duration 1 year
LL.M. Studies Programmes
- European Law
LL.M. Advanced Studies Programmes
- European and International Human Rights Law, duration 1 year
- International Dispute Settlement and Arbitration, duration 1 year
- Public International Law, duration 1 year
The scholarship includes the following:
- full waiver of the tuition fee
- monthly stipend of € 1,250 (for the duration of 12 months)
- Insurance coverage for health, travel, and stay (AON ICS Complete+)
- Reimbursement of residence permit fee (max. € 350)
- Please note - It is not possible to combine the CEU Praesidium Libertatis Scholarship with another full scholarship financed by Leiden University or any other party.
Note on student housing:
Be aware that finding housing in Leiden, The Hague, and the surrounding area can be challenging due to the limited availability of affordable student housing. We therefore strongly advise you to take action as early as possible. See the information on Requesting housing via Leiden University and Finding housing yourself.
Interested students first have to apply for the master's program of their choice through Leiden University's online admission and application portal. For more information, please go to: https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/scholarships/sea/ceu-praesidium-libertatis-scholarship
- Important: Only nationals of Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, and Ukraine can apply for the scholarship.
Note, that only complete applications with all required documents will be reviewed and processed.
- Submit an online application for admission to one of the eligible master’s programmes via Leiden University's online application portal (uSis).
- Pay the € 100 application fee.
- In the scholarship section of your online application, indicate that you wish to apply for a CEU Praesidium Libertatis scholarship.
- Upload the following four documents (in PDF file) in your online application:
Scholarship motivation letter
Explain in your letter (max. 500 words) why you would like to be considered for the award. Note that the scholarship motivation letter cannot be the same letter as the motivation letter for the study programme you are applying for.
CEU transcript of records
You can download the unofficial transcript of records via the SITS e:Vision Portal.
This must be written by a CEU (assistant) professor, preferably your supervisor.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Provide a detailed overview of your educational career and (voluntary) work experience.
- Submit your online application for admission, containing your application for the CEU Praesidium Libertatis scholarship.
Applications must be submitted by no later than February 1, 2023 (Wednesday).
If you have any questions about the CEU-Praesidium Libertatis Scholarship, please do not hesitate to contact the SEA Scholarships Team of Leiden University by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (Tuesdays & Thursdays +31 (0)71 527 7192).