Application Deadline: April 10, 2020 (Friday) for awards to be used in Academic Year 2019/2020.
All post-comprehensive doctoral students and currently 2nd year MA students are eligible to apply for a grant to support attendance at a graduate Summer School of their choice. (Exceptionally, doctoral students whose comprehensive exam is scheduled to the fall after their completion of their first-year obligations may also receive the grant). The Summer School should be of demonstrably high academic quality and fit the research topic of the attending student.
Eligible expenses are travel and accommodation costs, course fees (but applicants are encouraged to ask for a fee-waiver if possible), and a limited (max 10 EUR/day) per diem allowance for meals (unless the fee covers meals in which case no separate per diem allowance can be given).
The grants will be distributed on a competitive basis, taking into account the
- academic performance of the student,
- the academic quality of the hosting school,
- the demonstrated relevance of the school to the student's research.
Depending on the number of applications, grants will be offered to cover all or part of the expenses. Decisions will be made by the Scholarship Advisory Committee. Students may apply up to 1,500 EUR.
Important: The Summer School Grant is a very competitive program so no incomplete or late applications can be accepted and reviewed by the Scholarship Advisory Committee.
Applications must include:
1. A completed application form (Summer School Grant Application Form for 2019-2020), signed by the supervisor.
2. Information about the Summer School (flyer or call for application, including information about fees, if applicable).
3. Acceptance letter from the Summer School.
4. A statement of purpose or motivation letter or cover letter – the same that is asked when applying to a Summer School. If, the Summer School did not ask for a letter, submit a max. one page summary of how attending the school will benefit your research.
5. A letter from your supervisor supporting your application and clarifying that it will benefit your research and that the courses you will attend are either not offered at CEU or that they enhance existing courses offered.
6. CEU Transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable). For this document, please contact the Student Records Office at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you need the transcript for the Summer School Grant application).
7. Information about fees, travel, and housing costs. Please attach supporting documents showing where the price(s) were found.
8. Upon return the student is required to submit a proof of attendance and/or certificate of completion of course(s). This must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office.
9. Students may only receive the Summer School grant two times during their studies.
Reminder: No incomplete or late applications can be accepted and reviewed by the Scholarship Advisory Committee.
Applications must be submitted in 4 separate compiled packets (1 original and 3 copies) to the Financial Aid Office by no later than April 10, 2020 (Friday).
Should you have any questions, please contact Ildiko Torok - Financial Aid Coordinator at email@example.com.