Application deadline: November 6, 2020 (Friday) for awards to be used in Academic Year 2020/2021.
The CEU Scholarships Committee has reserved a small sum of money from its general pool of travel funds for students who wish to attend a Winter School whose courses are (a) demonstrably necessary for the student's doctoral research at this stage of her/his research and (b) not offered at a CEU Department. The Committee invites applicants from post-comprehensive CEU doctoral students and in exceptional cases the committee would consider applications from currently 2nd year MA students as well, but preference will be given to PhD students for this purpose.
Application materials required are outlined in the Winter School Grant Application Form. The Committee would like to emphasize that each application must include (a) a letter from the applicant's supervisor confirming that the courses offered in the Winter School are necessary for furthering the applicant's work at this stage of her/his research and (b) a letter from either the Head or Doctoral Program Director confirming that such courses are not currently offered in the applicant's Department.
Due to financial constraints, the Scholarships Committee may fund only a part of the total requested by the applicant, regardless of the quality of the application. Students may apply up to 1,000 EUR.
Applications must include:
- A completed application form signed by the supervisor.
- Information about the Winter School (flyer or call for application, including information about fees, if applicable).
- Acceptance letter from the Winter School.
- A statement of purpose or motivation letter or cover letter – submit a max. one page summary of how attending the school will benefit your research.
- A letter from your supervisor supporting your application and clarifying that it will benefit your research and that the courses you will attend are either not offered at CEU, or that they enhance existing courses offered.
- A letter from either the Head or Doctoral Program Director confirming that such courses are not currently offered in the applicant's Department.
- CEU Transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable). You may download the unofficial transcript of records via the SITS e:Vision Portal.
- Information about fees and housing, food, etc. Please attach supporting documents showing where the price(s) were found.
- Upon return the student is required to submit a proof of attendance and/or certificate of completion of course(s). This must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office.
- Students may only receive a Winter School grant once during their studies.
Applications must be submitted in 4 separate compiled packets (1 original and 3 copies) to the Financial Aid Office by no later than November 6, 2020 (Friday).
Should you have any questions, please contact Ildiko Torok - Financial Aid Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.