Application for a new visa

Application for a new visa

Click here to go directly to Budapest related information below


If you need a Visa to enter Austria, please submit your visa application documents as early as possibleYou can find your nearest Austrian representation office herePlease follow the application steps on government website from the local Austrian Embassy in your home country. Please find useful information in the Visa & Residence FAQ. 

If you have any additional questions, please contact us at 


Leave Hungary before your residence permit expires. When you return for the next academic year, you need to obtain a new long-term visa. You must follow the same visa procedure as when you applied for your first visa to Hungary. If you face difficulties with the Hungarian consulate, please contact the Admissions Office.

Please submit your visa application documents as early as possible

Those students who do not live in Hungary or they are coming for a consultation with their supervisor(s)  - in case they are not from a visa-free country - may consider applying for a multiple entry Schengen visa to Hungary. 

Required documents for applying for a new visa:

Available at:

Application Form

Application form for visa for long-term stay (with entitlement to receive a residence permit) & Appendix 14

Schengen visa form

Proof of health insurance in Hungary

CEU Certificate of Enrollment

Student Records Office

Your latest bank statement indicating an account balance, sufficient to cover living expenses

Certificate of Accommodation

Dormitory (send request to: Residence Manager,

Passport (valid for at least 18 months at the time of application)


Travel insurance


Four passport size photos


Visa fee

Please check the website of the Hungarian Consulate

If you have any additional questions, please turn to