Residence Documents

    Residence Documents 

    This section provides information about visa application and residence requirements in Austria and Hungary for all newly accepted CEU students. 

    Before arrival 

    For information and instructions on what you need to do before coming to Austria or Hungary, please consult the website of the Admissions Office. 

    For further information on Health Care, Medical Services & Insurance at CEU please check here

    After Arrival 

    For the entire duration of their studies (i.e. for any period exceeding 3 months) a residence permit is required for all non-EEA citizens (in German: “Aufenthaltsbewilligung”; in Hungarian: "tartózkodási engedély"). For EEA citizens (with the exception of national citizens) a registration certificate (in German: “Anmeldebescheinigung”; in Hungarian: "regisztrációs igazolás") is required. 

    For further information please select the category that applies to you: