University-wide Courses (UWC) represent a new initiative at CEU that aims to bring together faculty and students from across academic programs to explore a topic of common interest. Some of the core features of such courses are the following:
- UWC are interdepartmental by design. Academic staff members from at least two different units have been involved in developing the syllabus of the course.
- UWC are diverse. Some courses deal with contemporary academic topics, some foster the research skills of our students, and others offer practical skills to support the students’ future career.
- UWC are co-taught. Courses are taught by several academic staff members, and in some cases external guest are also invited as lecturers.
- UWC are open to all students. All CEU students (including non-degree students) have the possibility to register for the courses they consider interesting or useful.
University-wide Courses in Fall 2019/2020:
- UWC 5007 - How to think about Science: An Introduction to Philosophy of Science
- UWC 5010 - Introduction to Geospatial Data Visualization
- UWC 5013 - Workshop: Strategic Management in Your Career and Life
- UWC 5014 - Fundamentals of Documentary Filmmaking
University-wide Courses in Winter 2019/2020: