Applications for new University-wide Courses are now welcome under the 6th Call for Proposals. For more information click here.
University-wide Courses (UWC) represent a new initiative at CEU that aims to bring together faculty and students from across academic programs to explore a topic of common interest. Some of the core features of such courses are the following:
- UWC are interdepartmental by design. Academic staff members from at least two different units have been involved in developing the syllabus of the course.
- UWC are diverse. Some courses deal with contemporary academic topics, some foster the research skills of our students, and others offer practical skills to support the students’ future career.
- UWC are co-taught. Courses are taught by several academic staff members, and in some cases external guest are also invited as lecturers.
- UWC are open to all students. All CEU students (including non-degree students) have the possibility to register for the courses they consider interesting or useful.
University-wide Courses in Fall 2018/2019:
- UWC 5007 - How to think about Science: An Introduction to Philosophy of Science
- UWC 5008 - Introduction to Text Analysis from Close Reading to Machine Learning
- UWC 5009 - Applied Text Analysis from Close Reading to Machine Learning
- UWC 5010 - Introduction to Geospatial Data Visualization
- UWC 5325 - Sound Studies: listening & creating between the material, the medium and the metaphor
- UWC 6000 - Post-Secularism and its Precedents: Religious Counterdiscourses to Modernity
- UWC 5013 - Workshop: Strategic Management in Your Career and Life
University-wide Courses in Winter 2018/2019:
- UWC 5004 - Justice, Democracy and Social Movements
- UWC 5011 - Memory Frames: Visual Analysis of Photography and Film
- UWC 5012 - Economic inequality: Interdisciplinary perspectives
University-wide Courses in Fall 2017/2018:
- UWC 5000 - Sound Studies: Listening & Creating Between the Material, Medium and Metaphor
- UWC 5001 - Text Analysis Across Disciplines - Data Collection and Curation
- UWC 5002 - Just Data
University-wide Courses in Winter 2017/2018:
- Journalism and Social Change in Historical Perspective
- Social Justice Frameworks in Action
University-wide Courses in Spring 2017/2018:
- Text Analysis Across Disciplines: Text Mining Boot Camp