The Undergraduate Studies Program at Central European University (CEU) invites applications for an Academic Advisor position in Vienna.
The successful candidate will develop meaningful advising relationships with students and apply knowledge of the CEU BA program curricula, university policies and regulations to guide and support students on their academic path throughout their undergraduate studies.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Advise and assist students with course selection, degree requirements, and academic progress
- Counsel students on academic policies, procedures, and university regulations
- Develop individualized academic plans in partnership with students to support their academic and career goals
- Track student progress and work with faculty and staff to support students as needed
- Participate in orientation sessions and recruitment sessions presenting program curricula and academic requirements to both students and parents
- Coordinate all aspects of the study abroad program for both incoming and outgoing students
- Support mobility partnerships, including CIVICA, OSUN and potential others
- Assist with any other relevant tasks assigned by the Dean of Undergraduate Studies and Senior Project Manager
- There may be occasional work after-hours, for example student-wide information sessions, holding an advising session for a student in a different time zone, or dealing with emergencies
Your skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience with academic advising, student services, student affairs, career development, counselling and/or related field
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build working relationships with students, faculty, and staff
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and administer academic policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What CEU offers:
- International environment
- Salary supplement for meals
- Employer contributions to Resaver private pension plan
- Family support scheme
- Modern office space, easily accessible
- In-house opportunities for job related trainings and workshops
We offer a competitive salary starting from a gross of 40,000 EUR/year. A higher salary is possible if warranted by the candidate’s working experience.
How to apply
Applicants need to submit:
- CV and
- Cover Letter
Please send your complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job code in the subject line: 2023/017.
CEU is strongly committed to the promotion of gender equality and equal opportunities within our institution. Previous training, work experience and/or engagement with matters of equality, diversity and inclusion at the organizational level will be an asset.
Central European University does not discriminate on the basis of—including, but not limited to—race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, gender and sexual orientation in administering its educational policies, admissions policies, employment, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU's mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).