The Budget and Finance Office at Central European University (CEU) invites applications for a full-time Accountant.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the accounting, ensuring compliance with Austrian tax regulations and accounting standards.
This role will be based in Vienna.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in the accounting of Austrian entities
- Accounting and reconciliation of bank statements and fixed assets
- Active participation in closings
- Perform various accounting tasks (accruals, salary costs reconciliation)
- Reconciliation of customer and supplier accounts
- Supporting intercompany processes
- Ensure compliance with local tax regulations and accounting standards.
- Maintain the consistency of the general ledger and the analytical accounts, reconciling them in accordance with the deadlines and investigating discrepancies
- Liaise with the Austrian authorities e.g., Austrian tax office, …
- Support in the preparation of the annual financial statements according to UGB.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance or Accounting
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting
- Fluent in German
- Comfortable speaking in English
- Knowledge of Austrian accounting standards
- Proficient in accounting software and Microsoft Office.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What CEU offers:
- International environment
- Modern office space, easily accessible, opportunity to work from home (2 days/week)
- Salary supplement for meals
- Employer contributions to Resaver private pension plan
- Family support scheme
- In-house opportunities for job related trainings and workshops
We offer a competitive salary starting from gross 53 000 EUR/year. A higher salary is possible if warranted by the candidate’s working experience.
How to apply
Applicants need to submit:
Please send your completed application packageto: firstname.lastname@example.org- including the job code in the subject line: 2023/028.
CEU is strongly committed to the promotion of gender equality and equal opportunities within our institution. Previous training, work experience and/or engagement with matters of equality, diversity and inclusion at the organizational level will be an asset.
Central European University does not discriminate on the basis of—including, but not limited to—race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, gender and sexual orientation in administering its educational policies, admissions policies, employment, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU's mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).