The Career Services Office at Central European University (CEU) invites applications for the position of Coordinator. This is an opportunity to contribute to student and alumni career development and employment outcomes at a mission-driven organization recognized as one of the world's most internationally diverse institutions of graduate higher education.
The staff member will be hired at the Coordinator or Assistant level, depending on his/her level of experience. The position is a fixed-term for one year with the possibility of renewal (maternity leave replacement).
CEU Career Services Office
The CEU Career Services Office (CSO) plays a leading role in institutional efforts to ensure that the university's graduates are prepared to transform their CEU experience into meaningful professional engagement. The CSO works directly with students and alumni, offering guidance, support and information to help them develop and pursue personal visions for impact and success all over the world. The office also cultivates partnerships with current and potential employer partners in order to develop awareness of the value of a CEU education and to create opportunities for CEU students and alumni.
The Coordinator will serve as an integral member of the team, collaborating with Career Services Office team members on a range of initiatives, events and activities. This will involve serving as a career advisor as well as coordinating or assisting with specific functional projects within the office as described below.
For more information, please visit http://careers.ceu.edu/.
Career Education and Advising
In the areas of Career Education and Advising, the team member will serve as a Program Liaison. This involves responsibilities and duties including:
- Conducting one-on-one career advising sessions with CEU students and alumni on common career development topics;
- Engaging directly with specific student populations via email and other outreach to promote CSO initiatives;
- Conducting research to identify job, internship and fellowship opportunities of relevance to CEU students and alumni and sharing this information via CEU's careers platform, career>next;
- Developing and implementing career education sessions and/or employer events for CEU students and alumni, in line with the CSO approach.
Functional Areas of Responsibility
In addition to serving as career advisors, all members of the CEU Careers team take responsibility for specific programs/projects of vital importance to the functioning of the office. The Coordinator will be assigned to programs/projects based on his/her experience and skills; a list of potential programs/projects is provided here.
Communication and Career Research
- Coordinating CSO communication to students, alumni and external partners via multiple platforms and tools including monthly student newsletter and social media;
- Coordinating research carried out by CSO team members to identify and share resources and vacancies of potential relevance to CEU students and ensuring the quality of resources and vacancies in the CEU careers platform.
Office Database System
- Recording data in the CSO data system, including alumni employment and volunteering data, employer partner data and student and alumni engagement data;
- Running reports and queries as directed by the Director of Career Services.
Coordinating Student Volunteers
- Assigning projects to student volunteers and overseeing their work
The team member may be assigned additional functional programs or projects.
Qualifications and skills:
- Tutoring, mentoring and/or counseling experience, ideally career or academic advising in an international higher education or non-profit organization
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to organize and disseminate information, tailoring as necessary to diverse target audiences
- Near native-level fluency in English, including excellent written English
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience
- Experience and comfort working with databases
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- A university degree/s
- IT familiarity: Office applications, web-editing software, e-marketing software such as Constant Contact or MailChimp
- Knowledge of career paths pursued by graduates of master's level programs in the social sciences and humanities, both within and outside of Europe
- Experience using CRM software such as SalesForce or Raiser's Edge
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment