The Central European University (CEU) invites applications for a Department Coordinator position at the Department of Public Policy (DPP) at the Vienna Campus.
The Department of Public Policy (DPP) is a multidisciplinary institution focused on the study of global public policy issues both in theory and in practice. Through excellence in teaching and research, DPP aims to create an educational experience that involves not only the acquisition of skills and knowledge but also the cultivation of a mindset that emphasizes entrepreneurship, innovation, cultural awareness and commitment to the public good.
DPP aims to work with students, faculty, researchers and practitioners who are unafraid to challenge prevalent assumptions in the world of public policy and brave enough to propose new solutions. The Department strives to equip these individuals with the tools to construct a community of "purpose beyond power."
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and support in the Applied Policy Project, Policy Lab, and Skills for Impact Program
- Support the administration of the academic programs (recruitment, student admissions, course enrollment, administering records, credit and grade entry, data maintenance)
- Supporting the organizing of events, logistics, catering and promotion of departmental events, seminars
- Liaison with the ETGN (European Transnational Governance Network) and supporting joint programs (ETGN certificate program, visiting student program)
- Handling day-to-day operation and technical issues
Your skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum)
- Previous work experience in a position with similar tasks, ideally in higher education
- High level computer literacy and advanced knowledge of the MS Office suite
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to balance sensitivity towards project stakeholders needs
- Multicultural orientation and open-mindedness
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary starting from gross 40,000 EUR/year. A higher salary is possible if warranted by the candidate’s working experience.
How to apply
Applicants need to submit:
- Cover letter
Please send your complete application package to:
firstname.lastname@example.org- including job code in subject line: 2023/030.
CEU is strongly committed to the promotion of gender equality and equal opportunities within our institution. Previous training, work experience and/or engagement with matters of equality, diversity and inclusion at the organizational level will be an asset.
Central European University does not discriminate on the basis of—including, but not limited to—race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, gender and sexual orientation in administering its educational policies, admissions policies, employment, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU's mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).