The Communications, Marketing and Outreach Office (CMOO) team invites applications for an Internal Communications Officer reporting to the Executive External Relations Director. The ideal candidate is a skilled writer who is motivated to support community cohesion through a clear, multi-channel communications strategy. The post holder will play a key role in strengthening communication within the University and maintain positive relationships with all internal stakeholders.
The CMOO is responsible for elevating CEU’s profile and position as a highly ranked, uniquely international, research-intensive institution dedicated to the principles of open society. It does this by strategically communicating the University’s achievements to key audiences through a variety of channels and in cooperation with other units. Part of CEU’s new External Relations division, CMOO is responsible for amplifying the impact of the CEU community and brand via the University’s digital presence, storytelling, marketing, media relations, and internal communications.
This role will be based in Vienna.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an internal communications strategy that reinforces Central European University’s mission, values, and culture aligned with CEU’s brand
- Proactively lead, manage, and execute CEU’s internal communications initiatives, working from the CMO Office primarily to support the Office of the President and Rector, Senior Leadership Team and Academic Secretary in coordination with colleagues across the University
- Research, write, edit, and produce internal executive communications, including community messages, announcements, meeting briefs, and speeches, for clarity and consistency in line with CEU’s organizational priorities
- Review, update and streamline, CEU’s vehicles for internal communications
- Edit, and collaboratively produce content for a range of internal communications channels, including the intranet, email newsletters, and internal staff events
- Liaise with internal teams to provide expert guidance and support them to ensure communication standards are met
- Develop guidance on communications practices
- Liaise with colleagues across the University on building a diverse content funnel serving different purposes
- Build and maintain the university’s intranet landscape
Your skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in internal communications for at least 5 years
- Superb English-language editing and writing skills (C2 level)
- Strong editorial judgment and ability to rapidly distill and curate complex information into clear, concise and readily understood content, while reflecting the tone and style of executive leadership
- Tech-savvy, with excellent visual communication and presentation skills and ability to deploy these on multiple channels, including O365, Canva, etc.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, with experience in coordinating multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, in line with CEU policy and operational standards
- High level of self-motivation, initiative, and creativity under minimal supervision
- A commitment to teamwork and the ability to build and maintain strong, trusting internal relationships within a team and across departments
- Experience in dealing with sensitive matters and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience supporting leadership in change management and crisis communication is a plus
- German language proficiency;
- Experience working in higher education, NGOs or government.
What CEU offers:
- International environment
- Modern office space, easily accessible, opportunity to work from home (2 days/week)
- Salary supplement for meals
- Employer contributions to Resaver private pension plan
- Family support scheme
- In-house opportunities for job related trainings and workshops
We offer a competitive salary starting from gross 50,000 EUR/year. A higher salary is possible if warranted by the candidate’s working experience.
How to apply
Applicants need to submit:
- Cover letter
Please send your completed application packageto: email@example.com- including the job code in the subject line: 2023/026.
CEU is strongly committed to the promotion of gender equality and equal opportunities within our institution. Previous training, work experience and/or engagement with matters of equality, diversity and inclusion at the organizational level will be an asset.
Central European University does not discriminate on the basis of—including, but not limited to—race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, gender and sexual orientation in administering its educational policies, admissions policies, employment, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU's mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).