Starting date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: Open until filled
Full- or Part-Time: Part-Time (at least 10 hrs/week)
This short-term, part-time (at least 10 hrs/week) position is an opportunity to contribute to a new initiative that aims to support Ukrainian publishers as they continue to work in dire circumstances. Supporting Ukrainian Publishing Resilience and Recovery (SUPRR) is designed to rally international assistance for Ukrainian publishing now and after the war. For more information about SUPRR see here.
- Liaise with publishing stakeholders as they develop their programs
- Keep communications channels open and deal with queries as they come in
- Maintain records of contacts and set up appropriate record keeping
- Originate and assist with the writing, editing and proofreading of content for online and printed materials
- Manage the content and design for a basic website
- Design and/or commission social media and communications templates
- Support the SUPRR team with other relevant tasks and duties
- Communicate effectively with a range of different internal and external stakeholders in English and Ukrainian
Your skills and experience:
You may not have all these skills and experience, but you must be able to self-organise and manage a number of different demands on your time.
- Bilingual in English and Ukrainian with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- 3+ years’ experience in (digital) project management or marketing.
- Delivering high quality social communications and engagement across a range of international channels
- Working in an international environment
- Excellent copywriting skills in English (C1 level)
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience in planning, executing, and tracking social media campaigns
- Create or commission visually appealing designs for outreach materials
- Familiarity and practical experience in social media analytics and tools
- University degree in project management, marketing, communication, or other relevant studies
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet project deadlines
- Experience in publishing is desirable but not essential
What CEU offers:
- Flexible working hours within virtual environment
- Six-month appointment with an assignment contract with possible extension subject to raising further funding
- Compensation will be in line with wherever the applicant is based
- If you are not already in publishing it will be an opportunity to learn how the industry works
How to apply
Applicants need to submit:
- Examples of written communications pieces in both English and Ukrainian
- A personal statement on why this position interests you
Please send your complete application package to: email@example.com - including the job code in the subject line: 2023/036
Informal questions can be addressed to Frances Pinter PinterF@press.ceu.edu
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU's mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).