Postdoctoral Fellow, ERC Project “Repatriates: Artistic Research in Museums and Communities engaged in the process of object repatriation from European collections.”
Full- Or Part-time: negotiable
Central European University invites applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow position for the ERC Project Repatriates: Artistic Research in Museums and Communities engaged in the process of object repatriation from European collections.
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator at CEU, Professor Khadija von Zinnenburg Carroll, the Postdoctoral Fellow will lead a case study within the Repatriates project in Australia. This case will focuses on the repatriation of indigenous Australian material culture from European museum collections.
Your main tasks
- Work with relevant communities
- Completion AIATSIS ethics review
- Writing and publishing a monograph of at least 60,000 words based on original research and review of existing repatriations to Australia and of contemporary artists responding to these processes
- Contributions to project website
- Editing of articles for journal special issue
- Creation or co-creation or curation of art work(s) for project exhibitions
- Direction or collaboration on short film that documents the artistic research process
Your qualifications and skills
- PhD in a relevant field (Fine Art, History, Art History, Practise based Research,…..),
- Experience with contributing in a professional manner to academic projects, including proven experience in writing and delivering presentations,
- Willingness to work in diverse environments, with international partners,
- Ability to work independently and in teams,
- Experience working in international settings or with international partners is required,
- Experience in managing or organizing multi-partner international projects is desirable,
- Excellent organizational skills,
- Collegiality and respect for diversity are required,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, plus preferably knowledge of indigenous languages that are needed for the case study,
We offer competitive remuneration as well as a dynamic and international academic environment. The initial contract is for one year with the possibility of renewal for 3 years (the scope of work detailed above is for 3 years, from May 2023 to May 2026)
How to apply
Applicants need to submit:
- Cover letter describing their experience in the required fields and ideas for a case study and monograph
- A writing sample of around 20 pages
Please send your complete application package to email@example.com - including the job code in the subject line: 2022/089.
CEU is strongly committed to the promotion of gender equality and equal opportunities within our institution. Previous training, work experience and/or engagement with matters of equality, diversity and inclusion at the organizational level will be an asset
Central European University does not discriminate on the basis of—including, but not limited to—race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, gender and sexual orientation in administering its educational policies, admissions policies, employment, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU's mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).