The Human Resources Office (HRO) at Central European University invites applications for an Austrian Senior Payroll expert position. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated with excellent organizational skills and hold a relevant qualification.
Your key responsibilities:
- Preparing, processing, and distributing 400 employees’ + 100 freelancers’ information to External Payroll Provider, including uploading and maintaining employee and payroll records
- Manage day-to-day payroll operations, coordinating with our external payroll providers and internal stakeholders to deliver monthly payroll accurately, timely, effectively and continuously improve our system functionality and recordkeeping
- Assist with any internal and external audits
- Correspondence with our External Payroll Provider and assisting them in clarifying open issues
- Liaising with Austrian authorities and partners – e.g. ÖGK, AMS
- Responding to payroll-related inquiries and resolving concerns
- Check and explain -employment-related payroll calculations, incl. tax, pension, social security contributions
- Introducing new employees to the payroll processes
- Being the contact regarding Austrian payroll topics for employees and supervisors in the Vienna campus, answering questions via e-mail through a ticketing system within two working days or during the open hours in the office
- Collecting all frequently asked questions, answering them, and updating the Austrian payroll section of Human Resource Office SharePoint
- Supporting of the Head of Payroll in taking our payroll processes and procedures to the next level and implementing them in-house in the future
- Setting up of new employees in the system, processing of terminations and related payments
- Assisting in labor statistics
- Issuing employer and other certificates
- Managing changes in our payroll records in a timely manner (salary, job, cost center, change of hours, etc.)
- Support for the service provider in setting-up and implementation of new time tracking system
Your skills and experience:
- Successfully completed personnel accounting examination, including the labor law portion
- At least 5 years of previous experience in payroll operational/payroll accounting activities in Austria, ideally in a multinational organization
- German speaker and fluent business English
- Excellent MS Office skills
- High level of accuracy and strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under own initiative and not require day-to-day supervision
- Attention to detail
- Experience with SAP software
- Expertise in international payroll processing
- Knowledge of Austrian tax filings, tax policy
What CEU offers:
- International environment
- Modern office space, easily accessible, opportunity to work from home (2 days/week)
- Salary supplement for meals
- Employer contributions to Resaver private pension plan
- Family support scheme
- In-house opportunities for job related trainings and workshops
We offer a competitive salary starting from gross 55,000 EUR/year. A higher salary is possible if warranted by the candidate’s working experience.
How to apply
Applicants need to submit:
- CV and
- Motivation letter
Please send your complete application package to: email@example.com- including the job code in the subject line: 2023/001
CEU is strongly committed to the promotion of gender equality and equal opportunities within our institution. Previous training, work experience and/or engagement with matters of equality, diversity and inclusion at the organizational level will be an asset.
Central European University does not discriminate on the basis of—including, but not limited to—race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, gender and sexual orientation in administering its educational policies, admissions policies, employment, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU's mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).