Central European University (CEU) has an exciting opportunity for a driven, enthusiastic, pro-active, and customer-focused professional to join our Student Recruitment team as a Senior Student Recruitment Officer. This role is based in Vienna and will focus on recruiting students from Western Europe with a focus on the DACH region to our Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral programs.
CEU is private, research university for the social and behavioral sciences and humanities located in Vienna, Austria offering degrees accredited in both Austria and the United States. Several of CEU’s programs rank among the top internationally and we aim to become the best and most impactful English-language university on the European continent. As an institution committed to fostering academic freedom, access to education, diversity, inclusivity, and promotion of open societies, CEU inspires brilliant and talented students to become the next generation of leaders and change-makers.
The Student Recruitment team plays a critical role in achieving this vision by attracting and converting diverse and outstanding students from across the globe for our undergraduate and graduate programs with the ambitious goal of raising applications to CEU’s educational programs by 30% over the coming years.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement university outreach strategies on overall institutional and department-specific levels, targeting prospective students and parents, high schools, higher education institutions, and other relevant audiences
- Build and maintain relationships with high schools, educational institutions, and other partners to attract prospective students
- Research and participate in recruitment activities, inclusive but not limited to in-person and virtual fairs, secondary school visits, webinars, and counselor and agent events.
- Deliver a personalized and engaged student recruitment experience
- Work in close collaboration with other CEU teams, particularly Communications, Marketing & Outreach and Admissions to develop effective marketing strategies and materials
- Participate and actively engage with international admissions and recruitment associations, such as NAFSA, CIS, IACAC, ICEF and others, and through active participation in their conferences, panels, and fairs, elevate CEU brand visibility
- There may be occasional work after-hours, for example conferences, weekend fairs, …
Your skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a proven track record in student recruitment in higher education
- Experience and confidence to effectively tailor and present information on all aspects of the CEU experience to a range of audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German
- Experience in using CRM systems such as Target X, SalesForce, Slate, HubSpot or similar to build effective relationships with target audiences
- Personality and drive to build strong working relationships with prospective and admitted students as well as with key internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis in Europe
What CEU offers:
- International environment
- Salary supplement for meals
- Employer contributions to Resaver private pension plan
- Family support scheme
- In-house opportunities for job related trainings and workshops
We offer a competitive salary starting from a gross of 47,000 EUR/year. A higher salary is possible if warranted by the candidate’s working experience.
How to apply
Applicants need to submit:
- CV and
- Cover Letter
Please send your complete application package to email@example.com including the job code in the subject line: 2023/018.
CEU is strongly committed to the promotion of gender equality and equal opportunities within our institution. Previous training, work experience and/or engagement with matters of equality, diversity and inclusion at the organizational level will be an asset.
Central European University does not discriminate on the basis of—including, but not limited to—race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, gender and sexual orientation in administering its educational policies, admissions policies, employment, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU's mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).