Are you an enthusiastic and creative Social Media professional, or someone seeking to accelerate their career in the field? If so, you might be interested in joining CEU’s Communications, Marketing and Outreach Office (CMOO) team as our new Social Media Officer. Against the backdrop of Covid-19 and challenges for our sector, CEU needs to evolve to remain at the forefront of delivering, enabling and nurturing world-class education. We recognize and understand the urgency of this requirement and want to drive design-led change from the heart of University.
The CMOO is responsible for elevating CEU’s profile and position as a highly ranked, uniquely international, research-intensive institution dedicated to the principles of open society. It does this by strategically communicating the University’s achievements to key audiences through a variety of channels and in cooperation with other units. Part of CEU’s new External Relations division, CMOO is responsible for amplifying the impact of the CEU community and brand via the University’s digital presence, storytelling, marketing, media relations, and internal communications.
You will play a key role in our team, working alongside colleagues within the wider External Relations Division, including also the Student Recruitment, Development and Alumni offices.
Your key responsibilities:
- Manage CEU’s central social media channels and Event Hub by creating and scheduling exciting and eye-catching content including paid social media campaigns for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram that maintains our position as one of the world’s leading social sciences universities in the world
- Produce campaign creatives (photos, videos, graphic design, copywriting)
- Develop and manage google ads campaigns
- Continuously develop and execute CEU’s social media strategy, working with colleagues in Academic and Administrative Units to ensure best practice is being followed
- Developing and deploying social media trainings for the CEU community
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate social media into broader marketing campaigns to promote CEU values and mission internally and externally
- Monitor social media trends and analytics to optimize content and engagement
- Support the CMO team with other relevant tasks and duties
Your skills and experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in social media management in a big international organization, working across different levels of hierarchy
- Experience planning, executing and tracking short-term and long-term paid social media campaigns and Google Ads
- Experience with social media analytics and tools such as Hootsuite; GoogleTrends; Google, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter Analytics; and Facebook Insights
- Experience with SEO
- Excellent copywriting skills in English (C2 level)
- Design skills e.g. Canva, Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator
- University degree in marketing, communication, or other relevant studies
What CEU offers:
- International environment
- Salary supplement for meals
- Employer contributions to Resaver private pension plan
- Family support scheme
- In-house opportunities for job related trainings and workshops
- Modern office space, easily accessible, opportunity to work from home (2 days/week)
We offer a competitive salary starting from a gross of 47,000 EUR/year. A higher salary is possible if warranted by the candidate’s working experience.
How to apply
Applicants need to submit:
- CV and
- Cover letter
- Portfolio if applicable
Please send your complete application package to email@example.com- including the job code in the subject line: 2023/020.
CEU is strongly committed to the promotion of gender equality and equal opportunities within our institution. Previous training, work experience and/or engagement with matters of equality, diversity and inclusion at the organizational level will be an asset.
Central European University does not discriminate on the basis of—including, but not limited to—race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, gender and sexual orientation in administering its educational policies, admissions policies, employment, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU's mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).