There are various external funding opportunities available to students.
Below you will find a list of useful links, which is by no means exclusive.
Please make sure you check the eligibility criteria for each fund or scholarship.
Financial support options in Austria
- There are different financial support options depending on your country of origin and your academic level. For options, please check the following link:
- For federal student aid in Austria, please visit:
- The Lower Austria Grant Foundations are offering grants and scholarships from 6 foundations for students born in the state of Niederösterreich. For more information on the different grants and scholarships as well as the application forms, please visit:
- There are several scholarships available for international and Austrian students.
Here is a useful link to find the top 5 unusual scholarships in Austria:
- You can find Austria’s most comprehensive database for scholarships and research funding by visiting: https://grants.at/
Further financial aid opportunities
- International Visegrad Fund
Please visit: http://visegradfund.org/scholarships/
- Marie Curie Fellowship
For detailed information please visit: http://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/index_en.htm
- Civil Society Leadership Scholarship
Scholarship opportunity for candidates from a select list of countries with active civic engagement. For detailed information and the list of eligible countries please visit: https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/grants/civil-society-leadership-awards
- Rotary Scholarship
For detailed information please visit: https://www.rotary.org
Government and Federal Aid Options
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
For detailed information please visit: http://www.daad.de/en/index.html
- Swedish Fund (CSN)
For detailed information please visit: http://www.csn.se/
- Norwegian Lånekassen
Available for Norwegian citizen or passport holders. It is based on loans.
For details, please check the following web-sites:
- Financial aid for Belgian students: Bourses d’Études
Eligibility depends on which language speaking community one belongs to.
Please check the following links below to find out eligibility and award:
- Financial aid from the French Government: Bourse sur Critieres Sociaux
Please see the following links for specific requirements and regulations:
- Financial assistance from the Dutch Government
For details please visit: https://duo.nl/particulier/student-finance/index.jsp
- Financial aid from the Portugal Government
For terms and conditions please visit: https://www.dges.gov.pt/pt
- Financial Aid opportunity for Indian students
For eligibility criteria please check the following page: https://www.education-future.org/