Zero Waste?! Indeed. It is a perspective, a vision that needs to be aimed in order to ensure a sustainable life for the future: waste production has to be reduced.
Separate waste collection is not a solution by itself. Even though recycling is essential in the present, the process still causes real pressure on the environment in today’s single-use consumer culture. The primary goal is to prevent waste production; thereby recycling will not be an item on the agenda anymore.
Whose responsibility is waste problem after all? Mine and ours. This means that the duties are not only in the hands of waste management, but we can also deal with it actively. Without the responsible attitude of individuals and communities the amount of waste will increase continuously.
Our purpose at the conference is to demonstrate well-functioning techniques of daily waste reduction that are applicable at international, national, municipal, institutional, communal and individual levels. Afterwards we will work together on finding the answers, how to go further on the way to zero waste.
Why is the conference useful for you as a NGO or municipality member from a foreign country?
- You can learn about the characteristics of the Central-European waste management and prevention. Several good practices will be introduced from all around Europe.
- Hungarian regulatory framework will be presented as an example.
- International speakers will introduce the current tendencies of the EU in relation to zero waste.
- We organize a study trip to a complex waste management facility which was built mostly from EU funds. Another visit to a local brewery will provide practices for waste reduction.
- Excellent opportunity for building relationships between NGOs and municipalities as well as among actors of different countries.