The Power of 1%
Hungary’s 1% tax law allows you to designate 1% of your previous year’s paid personal income taxes to an approved charity. Designating is easy, confidential, and enables you to support a worthy cause in Hungary at no financial cost to you.
What is the 1% tax?
Taxpayers in Hungary can donate 1% of their personal income taxes to a charity of their choice. The 1% law is a wonderful opportunity to demonstrate public support and raise funds for a special cause. CEU is grateful to receive 1% designations each year to support our mission (see below for details).
- Fill in your personal data (tax number, name, address, and email address). Please note: 1% may be designated to an approved non-profit organization and another 1% may be designated to a registered church or to a preferential state budget heading. A full list of approved charities and registered churches can be found here.
- Enclose your 1% declaration in a sealed envelope. Sign the envelope across the sealed flap and write your name, your adress, tax number, and number of declarations on the envelope.
- Return your declaration to the tax authorities or your tax preparer (for some CEU employees this may be the Human Resources Office / HRO) by the below deadlines.
- If CEU HRO prepares and submits your tax return, give your sealed envelope to HRO by 20 March 2017.
- If you prepare your own tax return, attach your sealed envelope to your tax return; the declaration deadline is 20 May 2017.
If you wish to designate your 1% to CEU, the below information should be included in your declaration:
Name of Beneficiary: Közép-európai Egyetem
Tax Number of Beneficiary: 18118463-2-44
After making your declaration, the tax authorities will transfer your donation directly to your selected charity.
This is a momentous time at CEU, and we are grateful to every member of the community for your role in ensuring that this remarkable University continues to strengthen and grow. Thank you for joining us this year with the designation of your 1%. Your support is vital to CEU’s continued success.
The CEU Development Office is here to help with questions about 1% giving.
Contact Krisztina Moricz at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 3054
*KEE (CEU), being an institution of higher learning listed under Schedule No. 1 of Act CCVI of 2011, is entitled to receive 1% donations under the 1% Law.