The Hungarian Health Care

Information for Hungarian Citizens

Generally, Hungarian patients with TAJ cards (in Hungarian: “TAJ kártya”) are required to register with the GP (in Hungarian: “háziorvos”), assigned for their registered address or district. If they have a medical problem, patients should turn to their GPs first, who would begin their examination and the treatment. The patient’s path in the health care system is thus determined by the general practitioner; the use of medical services is restricted and is subject to certain conditions.

 Hungarian students can decide either to visit the CEU Medical Center or their own GP directly in case of a medical event. For information about your Health Insurance Options, please click here.