Philanthropy built CEU. From its founding endowment to the generous support of friends and alumni around the world, philanthropy is the fuel this university runs on. This autumn we’re launching Philanthropy Week, to celebrate what we have been given—and to demonstrate the power of giving back. Join us at events in Budapest, worldwide and online. See the events at the left to get involved and join in the generosity that enables CEU to carry on its important work.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Scholarships funded by alumni and individual and foundation donors help promising students receive a world-class CEU education
- The Mirabaud Media Lab was equipped by a trustee to give students the power to share work through filmmaking.
- Research commissioned by Coca Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC) Hungary explored youth employment in Hungary.
- Private funding for the Applied Policy Project connects students with clients like Health Poverty Action, EBRD, and International Crisis Group.
- The Blinken Open Society Archives is named for the donors to the valuable collections related to the Cold War and human rights.
- The Romani Studies Program, which encompasses CEU’s work to enhance education, research, and professional opportunities for Roma, was launched with support from a consortium of funders.
- Google is funding the Center for Media, Data and Society’s Media Ownership Tool, which tracks media ownership in Hungary according to political ties, ideology and interest groups.
- The U.S. Department of State supports a Holbrooke Fellow at the Shattuck Center on Conflict, Negotiation and Recovery.