Philanthropy –the power of giving back – built this university into a vibrant learning community and is the key to sustaining its future.
Every year, CEU celebrates that power during annual Philanthropy Week. Join as we explore the possibilities philanthropy is unlocking in higher education, celebrate what we’ve been given, and spotlight how we can all make a positive contribution and build a better tomorrow. Philanthropy Week is when CEU’s global community comes together to make positive change happen, through acts of generosity great and small. Given the challenge of the COVID-19 pandemic, it's so important to celebrate how we have come together through philanthropy and volunteerism in inspiring ways.
This year, Philanthropy Week will be from May 17 to 21 and includes the following online events:
- Doing Good in a Changing World: A Conversation with Alumni Leaders in Philanthropy about global trends, future challenges, and the impact of COVID-19 on philanthropy
- Media Philanthropy in the Global Pandemic: A New Way or Business as Usual, a discussion with leading media and journalism funders
- Maximizing Engagement with American Philanthropy in Europe, a seminar for Vienna-based NGO partners
- “Ask a Fundraiser” for faculty and staff to discuss research ideas and seek support
- Student-led discussion on the importance of philanthropy and volunteerism
- Student debate: “To what extent should philanthropy fill in the gap left from governments?”
- Alumni Relations Office
- Community Engagement Office
- Development Office
- Human RightS Initiative
- Student Philanthropy Council
Building Tomorrow @ CEU
- Scholarships funded by alumni and individual and foundation donors help promising students receive a world-class CEU education.
- CEU President and Rector Michael Ignatieff and his wife Zsuzsanna Zsohar establish the Presidential Scholars Fund. Meet the first cohort of scholarship recipients.
- Funding from the USAF Office of Scientific Research is enabling the Department of Network and Data Science to research algorithmic bias in online social networks.
- In 2020, all-time contributions by alumni topped the $1.5 million mark.
- Meet this year's Alumni Scholarship Recipients
Scholarship recipients share their personal stories about the impact of philanthropy on the #StrongerTogetherCEU Kudoboard.