By developing a wide range of transferable skills, students will receive an excellent foundation for several future career directions. Deeply honed thinking skills--required to tackle many social and economic issues--are in high demand and can therefore open many doors open for PPE graduates. These range from pursuing graduate studies to a wide variety of career options in the private, public and non-profit sectors.
This BA program will be available in a three-year and a four-year version. The former integrates into the European-wide Bologna system, while the latter is offered to benefit from the best of the American undergraduate education system. Students who complete the four-year degree will graduate with a dual Austrian and US-degree. The four-year BA can pave the way to pursuing a one-year MA for students who choose to specialize further.
1. Continue in Graduate School (either at CEU or other leading universities) in:
2. Possible careers in:
After graduation, a PPE graduate working at the World Bank--for example--would be equipped with the skills to:
- Contribute to the preparation of a range of key economic policy papers, policy notes and reports
- Situate activities within a coherent strategic framework
- Prepare periodic economic updates and briefs
- Support dialogue on policy reform with Government authorities and development partners
- Present their work via written reports, big data presentations, website development, and visual media campaigns
- Develop key strategic pieces and/or engagements
- Effectively and confidently orally communicate their work to colleagues, to government officials, and to the public at large
- Organize events for the public and relevant stakeholders
- Show leadership in teamwork settings.