The main objective of SALEACOM is to address educational and social exclusion in schools and learning communities. SALEACOM seeks to create an International Research Network that has the following aims:
1. To increase worldwide cooperation in the study of successful actions with children and youth systematically underserved
2. To provide high-quality training programs for teachers and educational researchers aiming at overcoming inequalities
3. To develop interdisciplinary solutions for and with learners most heavily affected by inequalities, including access and quality of higher education
4. To design strengths-based methodologies for international comparative research to further the impact of research on the lives of students who have been historically excluded
5. To create a global program of successful educational actions to be implemented across educational systems.
This project consists of secondments of research and innovation staff (exchanges) with an in-built return mechanism. The organisations constituting the partnership contribute directly to the implementation of the joint research and innovation activities by seconding and/or hosting eligible staff members.
The SALEACOM project proposes the collaboration between research groups in six countries (Australia, Brazil, New Zealand, Hungary, Spain, USA) and one non-academic institution (Drom Kotar Mestipen) in Spain in order to promote international collaboration through research and innovation staff exchanges based in Europe (EU Member States and Associated Countries) and outside Europe (third countries).